We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good and reasonable accommodation in Cabramatta?

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Any good and reasonable accommodation in Cabramatta?

Hi,

We will be travelling to Sydney at end of January. We are planning a night stay in Cabramatta and could not find on the site.

Any TA members that can help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good and reasonable accommodation in Cabramatta?

I have to ask - why Cabramatta? Why stay there?

It's accessible by train on the Liverpool line from the city. It's probably not the best place to stay in Sydney.

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,548 posts
683 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good and reasonable accommodation in Cabramatta?

Visit = yes = atmosphere+ food

Stay = No!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good and reasonable accommodation in Cabramatta?

Using Google and Wotif.com.au, I found the following:

http://www.sunnybrook.com.au/

http://www.pritchardshotel.com.au/

http://www.lansvalehotel.com.au/

They are in the area and surrounding suburbs. I don't think any of these are in Cabramatta proper. I have no idea how far/close any of these places are to public transport.

Unless you need to be in the area, I agree that it's not the best of places to park yourselves for the night.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good and reasonable accommodation in Cabramatta?

Both the Sunnybrook and Landsvale are on the Hume Hwy,at Warwick Farm/Landsvale area,which is basically a large industrial area and major road/transport route.Private buses do run that area,but not sure on timetables etc www.131500.info

Walking is ok i guess and takes about 30-60 minutes.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,121 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any good and reasonable accommodation in Cabramatta?

Look I don't know Cabramatta like the back of my hand, but just from passing through I suspect that you will find it easier to get back to the city on the train than to the accommodation places around that part of Sydney.

Some of the regulars or lurkers may know the area better, so here's a bump anyway.

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
20,139 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any good and reasonable accommodation in Cabramatta?

I've been to cabramatta a few times for lunch or to go shopping for fabric...

it's not really the sort of place you would choose to stay unless you had family in which case you should probably stay with them.....unless there are too many of you.

Two options spring to mind.. if you don't have transport.

Parramatta as it is on the same rail line and has a reasonable number of accom options. There are a few reviews on here for parra accom.

The other would be Bankstown Travelodge which is in the heart of the Asian shopping area of bankstown. it too is a direct train to Cabramatta

of the options suggested by Mez my pick would be Sunnybrook as I have been to a few conventions there and it is OK.

Mt pritchard pub and the lansvale pub are really just pubs

TBH if you are staying elsewhere in Sydney i would go more central and head out..

Mentioned in this post
Parramatta
Parramatta
Greater Sydney, Australia
Sydney
Sydney
Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any good and reasonable accommodation in Cabramatta?

Hi all,

Thank you for your advice and recommendations. The reason I chose Cabramatta is our friend is staying with their relative which they could not fit our large group. So we decide to book a hotel close to them. I have made bookings with Mt Pritchard Hotel as their price is very reasonable compare to the other two. Cheers.

8. Re: Any good and reasonable accommodation in Cabramatta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2010, 14:18