We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport question -again sorry

Austins Ferry
Level Contributor
149 posts
18 reviews
Public transport question -again sorry

I'm sorry but I don't find the transport info site all that helpful! Maybe be better if you know the area better. If I buy a red pass for the week we are there, can you still pay the extra for the 2 or 3 times I may go into the green area? If you can, am I still better of $$$ buying the green pass and be done with it?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,294 posts
178 reviews
1. Re: Public transport question -again sorry

Yes you could buy an extra ticket or 2 for places not covered by the red pass.

sydneybuses.info/uploads/…TravelPass.pdf

It really depends on what you'll be doing as to the economy of the passes. Many visitors get by using day tripper tickets for 1 or 2 days & walking/free 555 bus for other days. Day trippers give you discounts at some of the attractions.

sydneybuses.info/tickets/…daytripper.htm

www.sydneybuses.info/free-cbd-shuttle.htm

Austins Ferry
Level Contributor
149 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Public transport question -again sorry

Thanks again Mikey, I work for a large corporation so we get a discount at all those places through our employee association. We intend getting around quite a bit and only using public transport so the weekly ticket works out better for us than just the occasional day tripper and free shuttle.

Edited: 15 January 2010, 09:02
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
35 reviews
3. Re: Public transport question -again sorry

I guess it all depends on where you actually wanted to go etc?The way the transport system works here,is strange to say the least,as you can get to somewhere on your ticket,but cant return,especially if its by bus,as you only dip your ticket at start of trip,and some suburbs are cut in half(re;Rockdale,where the western side of the station you can use the red travelpass,but the eastern side or bayside you need a green...i could go on).Maybe best to fork out the extra $7.00 for a $48.00 green travelpass.Best to be safe than sorry.

Austins Ferry
Level Contributor
149 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Public transport question -again sorry

Thank you ;-)

5. Re: Public transport question -again sorry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2010, 14:17