We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coogee beach to Bondi

Austins Ferry
Level Contributor
149 posts
18 reviews
Coogee beach to Bondi

Hi, could somebody give me a rough idea of how long it will take to do the walk for people with average fitness, and a hubby who has never been before so wants a good look? Also can we get a bus form Bondi Junction to Coogee to start the walk, or do we need to get the bus from the city? Thanks

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Coogee beach to Bondi

It took me 3.5 hours to do the trail (roundtrip), and we were walking at a good pace but stopped lots for pictures. Beautiful scenery.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,249 posts
174 reviews
2. Re: Coogee beach to Bondi

The 353 bus From Bondi Junction to Eastgardens stops at Coogee...

…sydneybuses.info/uploads/…353tt.pdf

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,137 posts
98 reviews
3. Re: Coogee beach to Bondi

It took us 2 hrs of actual walking. 3 hrs round trip including a stop at the surf carnival that was on for a sausage sanger then a wait for the bus . We kept to the edge of the escarpment and stopped for lots of photos for the blog but didn't do anything like actually swim or sit down for a while on a park bench admiring the views or anything like that.

Austins Ferry
Level Contributor
149 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Coogee beach to Bondi

Excellent, thanks for your replies.

Austins Ferry
Level Contributor
149 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Coogee beach to Bondi

Mikey would you by any chance know if we would be covered for the Eastgardens bus with our red travel pass?

Sorry found it! We are covered

Edited: 14 January 2010, 20:21
Sydney
Level Contributor
564 posts
55 reviews
6. Re: Coogee beach to Bondi

Hi!!

I did that walk and it took me about 1.5 hours at a good pace but with a few spots. It is such a fantastic, scenic walk! Make sure to take a bottle of water with you though....

The busses are a pain!! I thought I could've got a bus from Bondi Beach to Coogee Beach easily! But you have to catch the bus from Bondi Beach up to Bondi Junction (big bus interchange station) and then get another bus from there to Coogee Beach. I did this walk on a Sunday and it took me just as long to get the bus (and then wait up at Bondi Junction for a connecting bus) as it took to walk! The busses will cost you about $5.10 from memory.

Austins Ferry
Level Contributor
149 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Coogee beach to Bondi

Thanks Barina, we're going to do as Mikey suggested and get the bus from Bondi Junction to Coogee once we get off the train. Then will have a swim and brunch when we arrive at Bondi Beach

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,249 posts
174 reviews
8. Re: Coogee beach to Bondi

LOL I was assuming you were staying at BJ...if you're staying in the city you can get buses straight to Coogee.

Austins Ferry
Level Contributor
149 posts
18 reviews
9. Re: Coogee beach to Bondi

Even better Mikey!!!!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,137 posts
98 reviews
10. Re: Coogee beach to Bondi

Has Waverley Council decided not to keep going with the beach runner bus?