We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can you recommend restaurants open Sun and Mon nights?

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
can you recommend restaurants open Sun and Mon nights?

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are going to be in Sydney May 18-20. I've been looking over the forums for recommendations on where to eat, but I don't want to eat at an expensive restaurant for every meal, plus most of the restaurants are shut Sunday and/or Monday nights.

Any suggestions? We're going to be staying around Hyde Park and doing the usual touristy things around the Rocks, Darling Harbour, Opera House, etc.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,071 posts
1,390 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can you recommend restaurants open Sun and Mon nights?

The best webpage to research for opening hours/menu's etc.etc. are

1. www.eatability.com.au

2. www.bestrestaurants.com.au

Just select the area you want and all the restaurants will come up with their opening hours.

Most restaurants around Darling Harbour and Circular Quay will be opened on Sunday/ Monday nights.

Sydney
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: can you recommend restaurants open Sun and Mon nights?

Hi

recommend www.eatability.com.au for Sydney and also www.yourRestaurants.com.au

Best Restaurants only takes paid listings (I don't trust them(.

Great restaurant open Monday night is Bird Cow Fish in Surry Hills very central). If you do a search - the sites should give you average price for meals.

Food is pretty cheap here (but the AUD$ is strong I know) and it is usually the alcohol that pushes the price up. It might be worth looking for a BYO (Bring Your Own) - where you can buy wine at a bottle shop (cheaper) and pay only a small fee (corkage), rather than the 100%+ mark-up most restaurants provide.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
183 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can you recommend restaurants open Sun and Mon nights?

Hi,

If you like Thai Food, Sailor's Thai at the Rocks is quite a nice spot, mains are $25-$36. Open for dinner Monday - Saturday. Blackbird Cafe at Darling Harbour, mains price $8-$19. The Australian Hotel at the Rocks serve really reasonable ozzie pizzas for around $15, decent size.

Hope this helps, just a few spots that I usually go to with work mates etc...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can you recommend restaurants open Sun and Mon nights?

If you walk on up to Oxford St there should be many little restaurants opened up that way .. its been years since I have walked through Hyde Park but I dont think I would recommend walking through there of a night .. just keep to the main streets and Oxford St is a short walk from Hyde Park

Its also a bit of an eye opener so you can eat and watch the passing parade .. free entertainment

Austin
Level Contributor
904 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can you recommend restaurants open Sun and Mon nights?

Lord Nelson Pub!

Monday night is $5 meat pie night at the Lord's. The meat pies are delicious and filling. Arrive early to grab a table. Best deal of the trip.

Austin
Level Contributor
904 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can you recommend restaurants open Sun and Mon nights?

Lord Nelson Pub!

Monday night is $5 meat pie night at the Lord's. The meat pies are delicious and filling. Arrive early to grab a table. Best deal of the trip.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: can you recommend restaurants open Sun and Mon nights?

Thanks for all the replies so far, folks. Yes, I was planning on going to the Australian Hotel for either lunch or dinner sometime during my stay. I've been there before and their emu pizza is amazing!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,445 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: can you recommend restaurants open Sun and Mon nights?

I always stay in the Darling Harbour area and have found that every restuarant and cafe etc are open on Sundays and Mondays along Cockle Bay wharf and over the other side along harbourside.

The little cafes (Lindt especially) seemed to close early - around 8ish - but the restaurants were all still going well after that.

This link may help for that area darlingharbour.com/sydney-Places_to_eat_and_…

9. Re: can you recommend restaurants open Sun and Mon nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 02:18