We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone have anything nice to say about Oaks Trafalgar?

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
470 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Does anyone have anything nice to say about Oaks Trafalgar?

Hi,

On our trip to Sydney, I have booked us to stay at The Oaks Trafalgar Apartments at 361 Kent St. Of course, after booking this, I read some reviews that were saying how dirty the apartments were and how they didn't look like they were presented on their website. Has anyone stayed there and had a good experience? It kind of makes me regret booking them...

Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone have anything nice to say about Oaks Trafalgar?

I'm sorry to hear that you've made a booking and are now having second thoughts. I haven't stayed here but I know the building (from the outside). I used to work in Kent Street. The building is relatively new if you call 10 years new. If you're in a higher apartment you should expect to have fabulous views of the harbour, if not the bridge.

Location wise, its an easy 10 minute walk to George Street. This is where you'll find the train station and bus. As well as shops, bars and restaurants. Its also quite close to The Rocks and Circular Quay.

If you encounter any problems with the apartment, speak with management let them know your concern and give them the opportunity to make it right. I've stayed in these sort of places before and my experience has also been good. Best of luck with your trip, I hope you have a great time in Sydney.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
470 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone have anything nice to say about Oaks Trafalgar?

I am sure it will be good. I just got a little nervous reading some of the reviews...though everyone has said that the location is good. The apartments look nice so I can't imagine them being as bad as some of the people have said. Thans!

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone have anything nice to say about Oaks Trafalgar?

Hi there

Have you had your trip yet? I am thinking of staying at the Oaks for New Year... would you recommend it?

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
470 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone have anything nice to say about Oaks Trafalgar?

I haven't gone yet...going in October. The reviews seem to be somewhat mixed, although a lot of people are complaining that the apartments are dirty.

sydney
Level Contributor
659 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anyone have anything nice to say about Oaks Trafalgar?

You have to remember that people are more likely to write something about a place they didn't like rather than one they did. Usually people are more passionate about things they dislike.

Also, the two worst reviews for the apartments are from people who have no other reviews, no forum posts - nothing. It makes it very difficult to judge their expectations.

When reading review of hotels I like to see what that person has written about other places as well. I read a really uncomplimentary review of a hotel in Hawaii. That same poster had complained about every hotel they had ever been to. Their main gripe was a lack of TV channels - only 10 in Hawaii apparently. Well, I stayed at the hotel and thought it was fine, but then, I wasn't in Hawaii to watch TV! And, no I didn't post a review of that one, never got around to it, must not have been passionate enough about it!

There are only 6 reviews of the place you intend to stay so I hope you will write one on your return with the good and the bad. Hopefully it turns out to be more good than bad.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
470 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does anyone have anything nice to say about Oaks Trafalgar?

thanks for that...I did notice that some people's reviews of places are just ridiculous. The only thing that concerned me about some of these was that people were complaining about how dirty it was and that's something that I would consider a legitimate complaint.

7. Re: Does anyone have anything nice to say about Oaks Trafalgar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 15:22