We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things/events to do in Sydney, places to see and be seen!

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
things/events to do in Sydney, places to see and be seen!

Hello All!

Looking for suggestions on cool/trendy things to do and bars/restaurants/lounges to check out. I will be visiting November 2018. Looking for foodie/alcohol related events and activities, restaurants and lounges that are popular and are must sees, I love hidden/secret bars as well (like the ones in San Diego/San Fransicso). I was looking into the Archie Rose experience but its booked up already. And DJ/edm/concert suggesions too!

thanks

Edited: 25 September 2018, 06:45
3 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,901 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: things/events to do in Sydney, places to see and be seen!

You need to do some research -start here

www.timeout.com.au

www.broadsheet.com.au

https://concreteplayground.com/sydney/

https://themusic.com.au/

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
28,186 posts
66 reviews
2. Re: things/events to do in Sydney, places to see and be seen!

Are you travelling only to Sydney?

As much as I believe Sydney has a lot to offer in terms of secret/hidden bars, the scene isn’t anywhere near as strong as Melbourne.

I cant speak much about alcohol related ‘activities’ - aside from promo nights for certain beverages - the likes of Eau De Vie, Lobo Plantation, Frankie’s Back Bar, and Love Tilly Devine, may all be of some interest to you.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: things/events to do in Sydney, places to see and be seen!

Pick up those music mags outside JBHifi stores when you're here. Plenty of photos up the back of the thing you're after.... I guess.

I guess the Ivy and Establishment are places to "be seen"? Dunno - never been. DJ/EDM isn't my thing, but FWIW, If any artists you like are playing at The Metro Theatre, it's a great venue.

Plenty of small bars hidden around Sydney CBD - Shady Pines, Frankies, Spooning Goats to name a few.

The Scary Canary is a big backpacker pub, if that helps.

Reply to: things/events to do in Sydney, places to see and be seen!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted