We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

refunds from airlines

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
refunds from airlines

Wow, what a difference.

refund from Qantas for a business class fare took 48hrs to credit card.

Jetstar refund 5 weeks to credit card!!

This being for the fact that Jetstar had cancelled my flight and has messed all the plans I had up, so had to cancel both ways.

Very annoyed.

Any constructive comments anyone??

Lil xx

Australia
Level Contributor
218 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: refunds from airlines

Both of them are better than my experience with Virgin Blue. I was only provided with a credit voucher and to use the credit voucher you have to call their call centre (can't use it online) so it costs an extra $15 per ticket.

I recently purchased a return flight for my mum and have $90 of the credit left. I asked the girl if she could extend the expiry date of the remaining credit and she told me that the only way she could do that was if I bought another ticket with it and then cancelled the ticket. I pointed out to her that there would be a $30 cancellation fee and she said yes that would be correct... She suggested I purchase a fully flexible flight (which would mean I would have to add more money to the credit and also pay the creditcard levy) and then the cancellation fee would not apply.....

I'm sure she thought that it was a good idea, but for me the jury is out on that one!!!

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: refunds from airlines

zig n zag, guess im getting a refund cause jetstar canceled the flight altogether and offered a time that doesnt suit, as did the Qantas flight (not suit to things either )through them changing that one also.

so because its their doing, they have to give a refund

I do see where you are coming from with your vouchers though (credit)

I once didnt have to pay the $15 extra on the phone because when it came time to payment I had complained politely but quite a few times throughout the call,, the girl forgot to charge the extra $15s

good hey!!!

lil x

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: refunds from airlines

I had trouble with a Virgin refund a while ago. a letter to the CEO of the company about it, and Two days latter received a full refund (not credit voucher).... AND... a $200 credit over and above the refund (they also waived the phone booking fees).

some times it pays to go straight to the top.

That compares with qantas whom we are still fighting with over a refund. a stuff up in their computer system led to a ticketing mistake (eticket said 3pm, computer said 2pm.... we had booked onto the 3pm) that caused up to miss a flight. when we pointed out that it was their computer error they begrudingly offered us a flight home... 2 DAYS LATER (which we declined as we both had work the following day), and they still have not given us a full refund.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: refunds from airlines

yes , go straight to the top is my saying and dont stop.

depends who you get on the phone email etc

just dont give up I say

lil x

5. Re: refunds from airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 17:20