After being a member with Accor advantage Plus, my advice is to stay away from this for the following reasons.
- The prices are generally no better than what you can achieve through specials as the discount rate is not off the best special price you can find.
- The free night you get is very hard to get by being very limited in availability. In the end I couldn't use it last year as I was in Europe staying in Accor hotels but they don't count and you get no discount, and by the time I got back and went to renew, it was out of date and they wouldn't transfer my free night (they said they might allow one or two days-how generous), even though I have been a reasonable user of accor and hence the gold a-club card.
- The free night you get is far less than the value of $299- so don't think you get your money back there.
- The restaurants are heavily over priced and very average quality so are really set up to be run with discounts so your savings there aren't real. Indeed most offer specials, shop-a-dockets etc that give you the same discounts.
- Service is poor unless you are giving them money and they are happy. They don't want to listen or help with problems. Attrocious customer service.
Basically stay clear and use the usual, wotif, wego, lastminute etc to find the best and not be trapped into wasting a lot of money.