We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from UK to Australia in April

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from UK to Australia in April

Hi,

I am searching for flightis to either Sydney or Brisbane to go in April for 3 weeks.

which will be the best place to search them? I had a look in Expedia, Kayak and netflights.

Is it really uncomfortable to do the trip with no stopovers? I would like to do a stopover, but at the same time Australia is a vast country, so i don't going to waste any day. What would you recommend?

How are Cathay airlines? anybody that has travel with them can advice me?

thanks

Bushtucker River & Wine Tours
Kayaking & Canoeing, Beer Tastings & Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Surf N' Dirt Adventure Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bike Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Kayaking & Canoeing, Private Tours
Kangaroo Island Outdoor Action
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Off-Road & ATV Trails
gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from UK to Australia in April

Had a bit of a nose around. The best I can find is with Expedia from LHR to Brisbane on April 16 and returning May 7 for £645 with Qantas.

Funnily enough, it was cheaper to put in Brisbane as final destination rather than Sydney, even though you go through Sydney. Go figure.

Stopovers are a personal choice. I prefer sometimes to get the flight over and done with, other times if I have time to spare to take a few days out. Have you done long haul before?

I haven't flown Cathay. Usually stick with Qantas/BA for the London -> Oz route.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from UK to Australia in April

I never do stopovers - I have little enough time as it is in my destinations without wasting more days en route. But many people swear by them so it really is an individual choice. I say - dont stress on it too much, if you want more time in Australia dont stop over :)

Last time I flew Cathay was many years ago but I found them to be very good and I believe they have a good rep with travellers.

Happy travels!

lokeren
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from UK to Australia in April

Hi,

I bought my London-Sydney ticket via http://www.travelbag.co.uk/

a couple of weeks ago dep.april 23 return june 01

for about £625 with Asiana.

Good luck !

Jan.

4. Re: Flights from UK to Australia in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 09:16