We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from UK to Australia in April

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from UK to Australia in April

Hi,

I am searching for flightis to either Sydney or Brisbane to go in April for 3 weeks.

which will be the best place to search them? I had a look in Expedia, Kayak and netflights.

Is it really uncomfortable to do the trip with no stopovers? I would like to do a stopover, but at the same time Australia is a vast country, so i don't going to waste any day. What would you recommend?

How are Cathay airlines? anybody that has travel with them can advice me?

thanks

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from UK to Australia in April

Had a bit of a nose around. The best I can find is with Expedia from LHR to Brisbane on April 16 and returning May 7 for £645 with Qantas.

Funnily enough, it was cheaper to put in Brisbane as final destination rather than Sydney, even though you go through Sydney. Go figure.

Stopovers are a personal choice. I prefer sometimes to get the flight over and done with, other times if I have time to spare to take a few days out. Have you done long haul before?

I haven't flown Cathay. Usually stick with Qantas/BA for the London -> Oz route.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from UK to Australia in April

I never do stopovers - I have little enough time as it is in my destinations without wasting more days en route. But many people swear by them so it really is an individual choice. I say - dont stress on it too much, if you want more time in Australia dont stop over :)

Last time I flew Cathay was many years ago but I found them to be very good and I believe they have a good rep with travellers.

Happy travels!

lokeren
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from UK to Australia in April

Hi,

I bought my London-Sydney ticket via http://www.travelbag.co.uk/

a couple of weeks ago dep.april 23 return june 01

for about £625 with Asiana.

Good luck !

Jan.

4. Re: Flights from UK to Australia in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 09:16