We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canada and Alasca master piece with webjet

North Sydney...
1 post
Save Topic
Canada and Alasca master piece with webjet

Hi, just wanted to ask people about their experiences with Canads and Alasca master piece tour, we are planning to travel end of May 2019, it is very costly that is why I would like to find out what people think about this trip ?

Thank you

9 replies to this topic
Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
22,832 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canada and Alasca master piece with webjet

There are reviews for global tours Canada and Alaskan Masterpiece tour, if you do a search.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canada and Alasca master piece with webjet

Review of webjet exclusive Canada and Alaska tour has not been good. The Alaska cruise is fine (as you would expect) but the Canadian land tour was very patchy. Things might change but my crystal ball is very misty.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
20,715 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canada and Alasca master piece with webjet

You can do a lot better planning the Canada road section by yourself. Also, if the tour you are considering, and it is always polite to include a link with your post, includes the Rocky Mountaineer, consider that two days on that trip costs about the same as the seven day Alaska cruise. It also only spends about 90 minutes actually in the Rockies.

I have previously looked at some of the Canada options and have never been impressed.

Edited: 15 May 2018, 18:02
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Canada and Alasca master piece with webjet

Just don't. As another responder says, do the road trip part by yourself. The Webjet Exclusives road trip was pretty awful - 12 hour days, being rushed from one place to another. The standard of hotels deteriorates rapidly as you get nearer Vancouver, not allowed to use the toilet on the bus - it was locked by the driver - even though we're travelling hours and hours between toilet stops, and no designated lunch stops - we stopped in Banff late morning, due back at the bus around noon. I asked if this was the lunch stop and told 'no' we have one a bit later. We got to stop for 'lunch' at 4pm and that was after setting off at 8.30am. On top of that, every time we went through Indian lands the driver and the guide absolutely trash talked native indians, insulting their way of life, culture, the lot. It was redneck racist heaven for those who agreed with them. I was furious. The cruise with Celebrity Infinity was superb but the Webjet components were just awful. I will never travel with them again.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canada and Alasca master piece with webjet

I know this thread is nearly 4 months old but if that’s how they spell Alaska, I wouldn’t trust them.

All the best.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
20,715 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canada and Alasca master piece with webjet

Stephen,

It was the OP who mis-spelt the header, not Webjet. Have you never made a typo?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Canada and Alasca master piece with webjet

Twice Frommy? The K and C are nowhere near each other, I thought they must have been transcribing

All the best.

Edited: 01 September 2018, 18:17
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
20,715 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Canada and Alasca master piece with webjet

Fair call. So have you never made a spelling error? I very much doubt if English is the first language of the OP and you are hanging sh1t on spelling?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Canada and Alasca master piece with webjet

Get over yourself Frommy. I don’t really give a rats about your opinion of my post or it’s intention. Glass houses and all that you know.

Bite me.

Reply to: Canada and Alasca master piece with webjet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted