We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Sydney

Kuala Lumpur...
12 posts
Save Topic
Things to do in Sydney

Hello, we will be at this location Marsden Road, Ermington, NSW 2115 for a couple of hours. We would like to know what are the fun things that we can do close to this vicinity?

Also, I heard there is a theme park around and is there any comments on this place?

13 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in Sydney

I can't think of any fun things to do around Marsden Road, quite a busy suburban road, in Ermington.

Theme park - not to my knowledge. Happy to be corrected. I drove along there last weekend and wasn't even faintly amused.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,396 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in Sydney

How are you ending up in Marsden Rd Ermington for couple hours?

I also have no idea of any fun things to do there, apart from maybe having coffee in one of least inspiring shops I have seen anywhere.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,695 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in Sydney

A bit in the middle of suburbia and no theme parks. from google maps there is Brush Farm Park and Cowells Lane Reserve (seems ok for kids)

https:/…Brush-Farm-Park

parraparents.com.au/parks-playgrounds/…

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,466 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in Sydney

The closest thing to a theme park I can think of is Wet n Wild waterpark in Prospect about 20-30 mins away but it’s not open at this time of year. But in that area, there are no attractions, just small local shops. It’s just a residential suburb with some light industrial areas.

All the best.

Kuala Lumpur...
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do in Sydney

My fried wish to go to the Vendata Centre...tats how i ended up there..thanks for the info

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,466 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do in Sydney

The only other thing I can think of is maybe a bus into Parramatta and wander around the Park, Old Government House or if you like shopping, Westfield, go down to the river. Parramatta has direct trains into the City or just get a bus back to Ermington but it depends where you want to go next.

Again, if you like shopping, the MacQuarie Centre is another 30 minute bus ride away with trains direct into the city.

All the best.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do in Sydney

There's the Brush Farm bowlo just across the road. Head in there for a schooner or three and play the pokies.

Kuala Lumpur...
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to do in Sydney

Thank u so much for the info. Wish to also chk if they do they have the Sydney eye now?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,695 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Things to do in Sydney

If you mean like the London Eye then the answer is no - but we have the Harbour Bridge - BridgeClimb (expensive and needs to be booked) or the HB Pylon Climb (cheap and good value).

http://www.pylonlookout.com.au/

Kuala Lumpur...
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Things to do in Sydney

Hi hi..wish to check where will be the best place to buy Sydney souveniers? Paddy's market? I m loking for stuffs like fridge magnet key chains n also nice australia chocolates 😉

Reply to: Things to do in Sydney
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted