We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What documents & what website in applying ETA?

Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What documents & what website in applying ETA?

Hi this is the first time I am applying ETA to get a Visa to Australia and I have seen many dubious websites offering services for such visa and I am worried of scams as one website is asking for a fee of USD99 per application.

My questions are:

i) What is the official website to apply for ETA?

ii) During application for ETA online, do you need to submit flight itinerary, hotel booking vouchers or even copy of passport including any other related and relevant documents?

iii) Do ETA issue visa lable for our passport or any document required that we need to show it at Australia Immigration?

iv) What is the fee per application for ETA?

v) After obtaining a ETA, they will provide a Reference Number. How can we verify that our Visa is approved and valid with this Reference no.?

vi) What other precaution we need to take about this matter before we fly to Australia?

Any feedback and advice will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance ya.

All Inclusive Blue Mountains...
1,039 Reviews
from USD 162.60*
Great Barrier Reef Diving and...
694 Reviews
from USD 122.00*
Sydney BridgeClimb
1,647 Reviews
from USD 124.20*
3 replies to this topic
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
30,748 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What documents & what website in applying ETA?

Firstly, an Indonesian passport holder cannot apply for an ETA. You must apply for a Visitor visa here: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1

It will tell you the cost. You need your passport and a credit card.

If you hold a passport which is eligible for an ETA, the Australian government ETA application website is here: https://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETAS3/etas

Again, you need a passport and a credit card. It'sAU $20

Eligible countries are most of Europe, USA, Canada, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia.

If you hold an EU country passport, apply for an eVisitor visa using the first website I quoted. It's free.

Edited: 14 May 2018, 11:41
Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What documents & what website in applying ETA?

My wife holds a Malaysia Passport. so she will be eligible for ETA.

Does she has to submit travel itinerary, hotel bookings or attach scanned passport copy when applying ETA?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
30,748 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What documents & what website in applying ETA?

Probably not.

Reply to: What documents & what website in applying ETA?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted