We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK to Australia

Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
UK to Australia

Hi just want some advice please. Been to oz before did Darwin cairns and sydney. My friend lives South Of Brisbane but it seems the flights are more expensive direct to brisbane than e.g. Sydney. As I'm in my 50s it is harder to contemplate a direct flight due to the long flight time, but i would like to do an Asian stop over , e.g. Hong Kong and maybe go to melbourne too. But while some of the airlines stop off on the way to the likes of hong kong it may only be for a few hours. Any suggestions/tips on how to get a couple of days stopover and some movement within australia at the most reasonable cost. I'm a lone flyer.

Mentioned in this post
Darwin
Darwin
Top End, Australia
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
2 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
96,132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UK to Australia

Many airlines will allow you to have a few days stopover in Hong Kong for no extra cost. For travelling around Australia, our four main airlines often have quite good offers.

I would suggest you go and talk with a good independent bricks-and-mortar travel agent.

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
10,909 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UK to Australia

You book it as a multicity option. . I used Cathay when I wanted to spend a days in HK.

If you’re anywhere near a branch of Trailfinders, go and speak to them to get you started off with possible routes, airlines and prices.

I’m surprised at your comment about Brisbane being more expensive than flying to Sydney. I’ve found the oppositeI. Im looking at entering at PER but leaving from BNE or SYD. Leaving from BNE is almost £500 cheaper than SYD (that's on a BC fare)

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Brisbane Intl Airport
Brisbane Intl Airport
Brisbane, Australia
Sydney Airport
Sydney Airport