We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eaustraliatravel.com - this is a scam website, do not use

1 post
Save Topic
eaustraliatravel.com — this is a scam website, do not use

Hi All

Pls do not utilize this website, its fradulent and overcharges fees for its service at AUD 137!

26 replies to this topic
ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,424 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eaustraliatravel.com — this is a scam website, do not use

What service did you use through them? More often than not it's better to book directly with the company providing the service - i.e. there's no need to use a TP site.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
10,884 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eaustraliatravel.com — this is a scam website, do not use

I’m going to guess the OP chose the wrong visa. The weird thing is though, if you select an ETA, the site actually provides the link for the official Australian Government website.

If they did work for the OP, they’re entitled to charge for doing this. It doesn’t make it a scam though. Just the OP not paying attention and using an agent.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,424 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eaustraliatravel.com — this is a scam website, do not use

I wondered if it might be a stretch on the OP's part calling it fraudulent and a scam.

Doing research first usually prevents the unfortunate situation that the OP found himself in.

I wonder how people come across these sites in the first place though? It doesn't come up at the top of a list via a google search about Australia travel or visa.

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,732 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eaustraliatravel.com — this is a scam website, do not use

And we post here ALL THE TIME to use the official Australian government website to apply for visas/ETAs. (But this is the OP’s first post, so I’ll guess they never thought to check here first.)

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,085 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eaustraliatravel.com — this is a scam website, do not use

And there will be another complaint about the very same thing in very near future.

It seems that all these people complaining are well aware of TA forums, but don't bother using them before the event. They are happy though to come here to complain.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
10,884 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: eaustraliatravel.com — this is a scam website, do not use

Indeed cromansydney, it’s a daily if not hourly occurrence over on the air travel forum, where folk are screaming scam about almost everything. Usually means they did not research, didn’t read whT they were buying and are howling about the terms and conditions not being waived.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
30,172 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: eaustraliatravel.com — this is a scam website, do not use

It's everybody's fundamental right to post on the internet when they have made a mistake so that people can point out that they've made a mistake.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: eaustraliatravel.com — this is a scam website, do not use

Yes. Confirmed this is SCAM website. My wife was panic because my mom-in-law does not have valid australia visa and the flight is less than 10 hours away. I quickly searched google and came to this eaustraliatravel.com. Without realising the SSL and all the common sense (i always have that), i quickly fill up information and credit cards information. After paying USD99, i realised all i received is just an email saying the approval take 24 hours up to 5 days. That's when i realised it's a SCAM. It is too late and I should had done better in checking the SSL information. Anyway, i just have to blame myself for this. Hope no other ppl will get SCAM in this website again.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,610 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: eaustraliatravel.com — this is a scam website, do not use

Even the official government website rarely grants visas immediately. Most people have to wait a day or so up to a week.

It's not a _scam_, it's a _ripoff_. The two are not synonymous.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,139 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: eaustraliatravel.com — this is a scam website, do not use

It’s not a scam at all, that’s the only thing that is “Yes. Confirmed”. It’s just an expensive way to get a Visa. They haven’t updated the link but the link to the government website is right there. You are under no obligation to get a Visa from them and pay their exorbitant fees. If they took your money and did nothing to get your unprepared family a last minite Visa, that’s a scam.

I mean thousands of dollars on the line and people allow themselves to get into this situation? You’re going to another country, not the corner shop for heavens sake.

All the best.

Edited: 12 May 2018, 01:06
Reply to: eaustraliatravel.com — this is a scam website, do not use
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted