We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations end of Sept/early October

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
10 posts
99 reviews
105 helpful votes
Accommodations end of Sept/early October

I am beginning to plan a trip to the Gove peninsula can't seem to find accommodations for the end of Sept or early October. I've tried booking agents and AirBNB. I realize that there are limitations, but I wonder whether this is because of school holidays or some such thing. My next possible time slot would be July or August of 2019. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

4 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
672 posts
218 reviews
46 helpful votes
1. Re: Accommodations end of Sept/early October

Yes it’s a combination of school holidays and the BMX bike titles being held early October (http://nhulunbuybmx.com.au/nt-titles-2018)

Be sure to get a permit if you’re visiting Nhulunbuy or join a tour with an operator that has permission to enter the region. The Garma Festival is on early August so you could see some cultural events while you’re there.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
12,970 posts
89 reviews
75 helpful votes
2. Re: Accommodations end of Sept/early October

Gove is TINY. and very limited in accomodation. Lots of government employees take up accom as well.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
10 posts
99 reviews
105 helpful votes
3. Re: Accommodations end of Sept/early October

Thanks!

Bill

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
339 posts
58 reviews
36 helpful votes
4. Re: Accommodations end of Sept/early October

Walkabout hotel

Reply to: Accommodations end of Sept/early October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nhulunbuy
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.