We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Coral Bar / Entertainment Questions

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville
Level Contributor
179 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Coral Bar / Entertainment Questions

Hello all! How late do the bars stay open at Ocean Coral? Also, what kind of evening activities / entertainment is there? Shows every night? I also read about "pool parties" or something of the sort - is this each night? Just trying to figure out what, if anything, there is to do at night. Also, can you walk to town from this resort?

TIA!

Nashville
Level Contributor
179 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Coral Bar / Entertainment Questions

Anyone? help please :)

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
85 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Coral Bar / Entertainment Questions

We're not up late enough to see how late the bars stay open, BUT you can probably find the schedules at the H10 Coral/Turquesa web site. Pool bars close around dinner time, lobby goes well into the evening. I've seen the hours listed somewhere amongst the H10 sites while researching. There are various night activities, we enjoy the local vendors coming in on weekend nights, but it's fairly laid back compared to a spring break party place. There is a theater also. Puerto Morelos is a 2 mile walk south, so you could walk in the afternoon, hang out for dinner/whatever and take a taxi back. I would not recommend the walk at night, there are things you don't want to step on, and some sections are very dark/remote. Sorry for not having much night info, we're early birds...

If I can, I'll update the info for you this weekend after we get settled in for our 3rd visit!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Coral Bar / Entertainment Questions

We're more early birds, too, but The Spot, the sports bar/eatery apparently becomes a later night bar after the lobby/pool parties, etc are done.

Nashville
Level Contributor
179 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Coral Bar / Entertainment Questions

Thank you both! We aren't party animals but tend to stay up later on vacation :) Also, are taxis readily available in the evening if we were to walk to town? I would prefer to not walk at dark.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
85 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Coral Bar / Entertainment Questions

A taxi should be available on short notice at any time, although it may take 10-15min if there aren't any in the immediate area if someone summons one at a restaurant for you. That's the longest wait we've had, but that was for lobby pickup at OCT very early in the am. I would expect more availability in Puerto Morelos, we had no trouble grabbing one there after dinner, but that was a year ago!

Edited: 24 February 2012, 07:38
Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
85 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Coral Bar / Entertainment Questions

Here now and all is excellente. Coral pool bar open till 4:30pm, lobby bar open to midnight, swim up bar varies with events. Hope this helps.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
325 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Coral Bar / Entertainment Questions

Is there a 24 hour snack bar/drinks area on the resort?

Iowa
Level Contributor
334 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Coral Bar / Entertainment Questions

there are evening shows that start every night in the theater usually start at 10 or 10:30. they go about 1/2 hour long. not a ton of seating so if you plan to watch try and go earlier so you get a good place to sit and watch the show. after the shows they usually have dancing, karoke by the pool bar that goes until about midnight or so. another night they had a beach party on the beach with music and dancing that started about 11 I think it was...there is plenty of entertainment in the evenings. but if you eat early at 6 and are done by 7:30ish, then there is a lot of dead time waiting for the shows to get started. the sports bar opens at 11pm-6am, good late night food if you get hungry and still want to get some drinks. otherwise its the lobby and pool bar that are open I believe until 11-midnigh...but the h10 OCT website should list the times for the opening and closing of the bars. the entertaiment staff also does activities around the pools during the day. you shouldn't be bored. have a great trip!

WV
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ocean Coral Bar / Entertainment Questions

In the square at PM there is a taxi stand and the drivers line up there. There has never been a wait for us. Great friendly service.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
325 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ocean Coral Bar / Entertainment Questions

Sunnydaysiowa....thank you very much for the info!! Very much appreciated!