We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight to Pangkalan Bun

australia
11 posts
Save Topic
Flight to Pangkalan Bun

Hello,

I am having trouble trying to find out how to fly from Jakarta to Pangkalan Bun. What airlines fly there & what should I expect to pay? thanks for your help

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
939 posts
950 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight to Pangkalan Bun

Hi,

It is very difficult to find information on minor Indonesian air routes, and you'll certainly have to buy a ticket after you arrive.

I am pretty sure there are no flights to Pangkalanbun from Jakarta. The best place to head for is the city of Semarang from which is the closest place with flights. Dirgantara Air flies this route, along with another smaller airline. All I can advise is to head out to the airport in Semarang and see what you can get on.

There are also daily boats from Semarang and less frequent ones from Jakarta.

australia
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight to Pangkalan Bun

Thanks for that info, is it east to travel via bus or car from Balikapan to Pangkalan Bun, im flying into Balikapan from Singapore but cant work out haow to get to Pangkalan bun.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight to Pangkalan Bun

As of three months ago, when I was there, Riau and Trigana both flew from Jakarta to Pangkalan Bun.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
939 posts
950 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight to Pangkalan Bun

Hi,

I checked the Riau airlines website before posting, and it has nothing about flights from Jakarta to Pangkalanbun. You never know your luck, though.

Road travel anywhere in Kalimantan is long and difficult. I'd really recommend approaching from Semarang, but as you're flying into Balikpapan that;s not feasible. Maybe investigate get to Banjarmarsin by road, and then fly into Pangkalanbun from there. Banjarmarsin is well worth a visit in its own right.

Banjarmasin...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight to Pangkalan Bun

Helo Archebaby,

Flight to Pangkanbun?

From Semarang or from Banjarmasin

The flight to Pangkalanbun from Banjarmasin by Kalstar Air at 12.30 pm,

Cheers,

Sarkani Gambi

6. Re: Flight to Pangkalan Bun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2010, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Central Kalimantan