We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do cruise ships stop in Flam every day?

Which Flam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berkshire, UK
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Do cruise ships stop in Flam every day?

Hi, I'm looking to book a trip on the Flam railway in July. There are 4 of us but 1 is disabled and cannot be sat on their own. I'm sure that someone would give up a seat to ensure this didn't happen, but I'm trying to do as much as I can to prevent this being needed. I know that we can't reserve seats and that we should be one of the first on the train to ensure seats together. From what I'm reading the trains might be less busy if there isn't a cruise ship there?

Is there some way I can find out if there are any days that cruise ships will not be docking in Flam? Many thanks!

Sandefjord, Norway
Level Contributor
704 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do cruise ships stop in Flam every day?

Ship arrivals at flåm listed at this website

aurlandhavn.no/cruise/skipsanl%c3%b8p-2011/

London, England
Level Contributor
7,774 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do cruise ships stop in Flam every day?

That was useful, as I can see our ship, the Braemar appears to be the only one in port the day we are there.

Berkshire, UK
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do cruise ships stop in Flam every day?

Many thanks for this, friday 8th July pm looks best for us!

4. Re: Do cruise ships stop in Flam every day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 04:18