We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report ML Terraces- Awesome Snorkel Sail & Food reviews

Oregon
Level Contributor
114 posts
104 reviews
Trip Report ML Terraces- Awesome Snorkel Sail & Food reviews

We spent 8 nights at the Mauna Lani Terraces arriving on the last day the resort hotel was open and enjoyed the last famous prime rib and crab buffet. This is a great location with walking access to the best beaches. We had interesting cocktails at Lava Lava Beach Club for lunch then Napua at the ML Beach Club made my birthday dinner special. Even the local pair of nene geese stopped by to help me celebrate. Both these spots have great views, very different vibes. If driving into Kona detour into the boar harbor and eat lunch at Harbor House for the best and best priced teriyaki chicken plate lunch and fresh fish on the island. It’s worth the drive up to Wiakoloa Village to eat at Pueo Italian café- but get a reservation! Also went on an amazing snorkel trip with Paradise Sailing Hawaii which has a beautiful well designed catamaran Kolea, plenty of shade, nets to lounge on and an easy to use “head” – or restroom. We had dolphins run with Kolea which was a real thrill. Their snorkel site had the clearest water and amazing fish.

1 reply
San Diego...
Level Contributor
130 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Trip Report ML Terraces- Awesome Snorkel Sail & Food reviews

Nice trip report! Happy for you that your trip was a success. Happy belated birthday! :-)

I agree, Paradise Sailing Hawaii has the most beautiful, and for sure the cleanest catamaran on the water. Super nice and knowledgable operators as well. So glad you found them.

Reply to: Trip Report ML Terraces- Awesome Snorkel Sail & Food reviews
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kohala Coast
More Kohala Coast Topics