We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mauna Lani Bay Resort closed for renovation....

Somerset, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
72 posts
38 reviews
Mauna Lani Bay Resort closed for renovation....

We have a condo booked on the Fairways golf course for our upcoming trip the first week of December. I booked this trip in February 2018 and I had absolutely NO idea the resort was closing for the rest of 2018- just found this out today after seeing it on some other websites....kind of seriously bummed now as we were hoping to dine at the restaurants a few times and check out the whole resort while we were there (future trip planning in 2019 or 2020). I guess I do not know any details about the construction and possible noise we may have to deal with. I will contact the condo owner this weekend to get more details.

Wondering if you all can tell us where else is fairly close to go have a nice dinner or breakfast and maybe visit a spa.

3 replies to this topic
Waikoloa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Mauna Lani Bay Resort closed for renovation....

Mauna Lani Resort is not closing. One of the hotels within the resort has closed. The restaurants and stores within the Shops at Mauna Lani are all open. There are also restaurants and shops nearby in the Waikoloa Beach Resort at the Kings Shops and Queens Marketplace.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
139 posts
2. Re: Mauna Lani Bay Resort closed for renovation....

So you are staying in a condos at the Fairways at Mauna Lani?

We strayed there and I can’t imagine you would hear constriction noise. It is much closer to the Fairmont than the Mauna Lani hotel. You’ll be about a mile from the construction.

If anything I’d say it will be less people on the beach.

And there are many restaurants other than at that one hotel.

Somerset, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
72 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: Mauna Lani Bay Resort closed for renovation....

Good to hear, the condo owner responded today and told me the same information. Only the hotel is closed for renovation- not the entire complex. Feeling much better now!

Reply to: Mauna Lani Bay Resort closed for renovation....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kohala Coast
More Kohala Coast Topics