We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mauna Kea - Beachfront vs Ocean View Rooms

vandy12
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Mauna Kea - Beachfront vs Ocean View Rooms

Deciding between these two room types in July of this year. People seem to recommend an ocean view of some type. Ocean view rooms are $80 more per night. Is there a big reason to upgrade to the ocean view? It looks like they are higher up but both provide a view of the ocean, correct? I've read the beachfronts have more shader (and are lower).

Edited: 11 March 2018, 16:25
2 replies to this topic
Sydney
Level Contributor
150 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Mauna Kea - Beachfront vs Ocean View Rooms

They're in different buildings.

The main building is higher up and provide sensational views down onto the beach/coastline/ocean. These will be Ocean View.

The newer (well, built just a few years after the original building) building is right down by the beach (hence the Beachfront description for the rooms).

Personally I would go for the Ocean View in the original building. And the Deluxe ones if you can afford it - they're bigger. And it's not like it's a long walk down to the beach anyway.

Fabulous location!

vandy12
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Mauna Kea - Beachfront vs Ocean View Rooms

Thanks so much for the helpful information! It was exactly what I was looking for.

Edited: 22 March 2018, 17:14
Reply to: Mauna Kea - Beachfront vs Ocean View Rooms
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kohala Coast
More Kohala Coast Topics