We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from Mestia to Zugdidi

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
travelling from Mestia to Zugdidi
Save

Hey! As i will have a trainride from Zugdidi to Tbilisi in the evening, i need to go by marshrutka from Mestia to Zugdidi. When does it departure from Mestia and how long is the trip? Ah and how much is it? :)

All the best

4 replies to this topic
Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
257 posts
15 reviews
9 helpful votes
1. Re: travelling from Mestia to Zugdidi
Save

Hi, it departs when there are enough travellers - usually in the morning, but often there is one around noon or afternoon

Trip takes about 3 hours (break included), depends on the driving style of the driver.

It costs about 20 GEL

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
2. Re: travelling from Mestia to Zugdidi
Save

thank you jozef!

Cesis, Latvia
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: travelling from Mestia to Zugdidi
Save

I just wanted to warn travellers getting to and from Mestia by marshrutka... If possible, please choose any other driver than the one driving Mercedes Sprinter (licence place nr. YUY- 665)... TERRIBLE driver (was smoking, talking by phone while driving, was RUDE and very LOUD)... He did VERY DANGEROUS manoeuvres despite having local people and children in his vehicle... Be safe! ;)

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
50 posts
4. Re: travelling from Mestia to Zugdidi
Save

I am planning similar for my trip in May.

train departs from zuddidi to tbilisi in evening and night,

can i find minibus from mestia to zugdidi easily at that time?

what are better alternatives if any. thanks

Edited: 1 year ago
Reply to: travelling from Mestia to Zugdidi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Zugdidi
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.