We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 weeks Georgia + Armenia

1 post
3 weeks Georgia + Armenia
Save

I am planning a trip to Georgia + Armenia in September. I have 21 (maximum 23) days, flying to Kutaisi. I am in my early 20s and it will be my first totally solo travel. I would like to do it on budget, sleep in hostels and couchsurfing, use public transport. Hope to combine spending time hiking in the beautiful nature + getting to know the culture, people, history, vibe, food... If you have any advice, I would really appreciate that. About hiking - which region do you recommend? Svaneti? Also Kakheti? How many days would you recommend one takes from Kutaisi (or Tbilisi) to do a hike in Svaneti (I find it hard to imagine how long does it take to come there with local transport)? I guess it would be useful to learn some Russian? What about the prices (budget needed per week)? Experience whit hitchhiking? The places that catched my attention in Georgia are Svaneti (Mestia, Ushguli) , Tbilisi, Kutaisi, Gori, Vardzia, Kazbegi (Gergeti), Kakheti (Lagodekhi, David Gareja), Mcheta. In Armenia Yerevan, Sevan, Khor Virap, Gerhard and Garni. I imagined staying for about 4 days in Tbilisi, Svaneti, Yerevan and Sevan and other places make it more as a 1/2-day trips. However, I am aware that it is a lot for 3 weeks and I would not like to rush and explore with a plesant tempo, so I would love to hear what you can recommend. Thanks a lot! :)

3 replies to this topic
1. Re: 3 weeks Georgia + Armenia

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2018, 02:30

Yerevan, Armenia
2 posts
2. Re: 3 weeks Georgia + Armenia
Save

your plan it looks nice isee uneed some cheap methode tour making it local transpoort perhaps solo ucean do it 3 week ideal time two countries also isuggest u check your inbox

3. Re: 3 weeks Georgia + Armenia

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2018, 21:28

Reply to: 3 weeks Georgia + Armenia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Zugdidi
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.