We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ireland/Scotland

11 posts
Ireland/Scotland

We are planning a trip to Ireland and then over to Scotland. We will be gone 14 days. We are flying into Shannon but have no idea which city the ferry takes you into in Scotland. This is my first trip to plan on my own and I’m not sure what I’m doing! Any help would be appreciated!

24 replies to this topic
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
163 posts
18 reviews
21. Re: Ireland/Scotland

Most flights to Ireland from the US are the overnight variety. If this is your first trip to Ireland then it's better to get acclimated and shake off the Jet Lag then attempt a long drive your first day. Unless you fly first class and can get a really good night's sleep.

It's not too late to to start planning. Have fun it's an adventure!

=)

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
16,632 posts
27 reviews
22. Re: Ireland/Scotland

no reason to go to Shannon at all....it's where the airport is but nothing to interest a visitor.......

11 posts
23. Re: Ireland/Scotland

So since we are starting in Dublin can you tell me where to go from there and what to do?

Kildare
Level Contributor
615 posts
21 reviews
24. Re: Ireland/Scotland

Theresa, I think it might be wise for you to pick up a guide book or two, and have a browse through the questions on the top right hand side to get an idea of things you'd like to do.

One person's dream trip could be another's nightmare, so read up a bit on what there is to do here in Ireland, the different regions and sights etc and what you'd be interested in. Then people can give you more advice.

Reply to: Ireland/Scotland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted