We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 hour layover

Boston...
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
6 hour layover

Hi everyone, looking at a potential flight option from BOS to LON this summer. The flight goes from Boston to Shannon, land at 6:20am, 6 hour layover, and then onwards to Heathrow, on Aer Lingus.

Any tips or advice on how to spend this layover?

I figure about an hour on either end for security/immigration etc. so shortening my window of time to 4 hours (or slightly less, might try and get back to the airport 90 mins before departure to be safe, from what I can gather the airport is great and easy, so 60-90 mins is sufficient).

TIA!

Mentioned in this post
Shannon
Shannon
County Clare, Ireland
1 reply
Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,555 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 hour layover

Effectively you have about four hours.

If you are happy to spend a bit of money, my suggestion would be to prebook a taxi in advance and take a trip in towards Limerick. You can come off the N18 to see Bunratty from the outside, then head into Limerick. See King John's Castle and St Mary's Cathedral from the outside. Walk around the grounds of St Mary's Cathedral - there are fabulous views of the city from here

http://www.saintmaryscathedral.ie/

Have breakfast in the city.

Take a walk by the river, see the Treaty Stone and then head back to Shannon.

http://www.treatycabs.com/ are the taxi firm I use and I am happy to recommend. They are a very reliable company.

Mentioned in this post
Limerick
Limerick
County Limerick, Ireland
Bunratty
Bunratty
County Clare, Ireland
King John's Castle
King John's Castle
2,177 Reviews
Limerick, Ireland
St Mary's