We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B Search engine sites

Oxford, New York
Level Contributor
366 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
B&B Search engine sites

Planning a late summer trip and going the B&B route. What are some of the better sites to use to research B&Bs throughout Irealand(mostyly Wild Atlantic Way). Some seem legit, others look like a far removed 3rd party. I would like to support the B&Bs more directly. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Wild Atlantic Way
Wild Atlantic Way
1,914 Reviews
Galway, Ireland
3 replies to this topic
Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
7,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B Search engine sites

I normally use a site like kayak or booking.com to find potential places, then try for their website directly. I have found that many B&B or small hotel sites will actually send you back to a booking engine to complete a reservation. Makes sense as a 10 room B&B is not going to have the IT resources to manage their own booking system. They also don't want to miss out on internet reservations or spend all day on the phone making manual bookings. Using a third party in these cases does not necessarily mean you are not supporting the establishment. It means they are smart enough to focus on their core competency (providing lodging) and outsource administration to experts with more resources.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,972 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B Search engine sites

use Booking .com B&B Ireland have absorbed the good old sites I used to use but charge too much for the old B&B's to use them. stick B&B Location into google

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,083 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B Search engine sites

Use the search engines above. Then search for and go directly to the accommodation provider's website.

You will generally get better value booking directly.

Reply to: B&B Search engine sites
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted