We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to Stay

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
60 posts
18 reviews
Place to Stay

Hi everyone. I will be coming to Adare next year for a wedding at Adare Manor. The manor is out of my price range (1200 USD per night for a family room). I have looked at Dunraven Arms, but there are not enough rooms for a family, and they are priced at about 500 USD per night. I am not looking for a budget hotel, but a nice clean place to stay. I can afford up to $350 USD a night for a family room (2 adults and 2 children). Also, there would be about 16 people coming if you include my extended family. I would also be interested in a house or villa to rent (up to 1500 USD per night) for all 16 to stay in, or a much more reasonable hotel. Thanks in advance for your help.

13 replies to this topic
Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,909 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: Place to Stay

Have you looked at the Woodlands Hotel? You would need a car for it.

An alternative would be to stay in Limerick City and either hire a car or take a bus out and a taxi back. The Southcourt Hotel is on the Adare side of Limerick City http://www.southcourthotel.com/

What is your budget in Euros and when will you be in Limerick?

Ireland
Level Contributor
12,652 posts
127 reviews
2. Re: Place to Stay

There are only two hotels in Adare village and as Bean says, The Woodlands is outside the village and not walk-able from the Manor.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
60 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Place to Stay

Thank you all for your help. My budget would be between 275 and 300 euros. Though I am very open to spending less!

Also would be interested in a large house to rent and split with other family.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,909 posts
88 reviews
4. Re: Place to Stay

What time of year will you be in Limerick?

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
60 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Place to Stay

End of August 2018

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,909 posts
88 reviews
6. Re: Place to Stay

Your problem is that Adare is a satellite town for Limerick City. Its difficult to get short term lets in the area.

Fanningstown House is only a short drive from Adare and worth considering http://www.fanningstownhouse.com/

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
16,498 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: Place to Stay

maybe look into B&Bs in the area and you'll spend a lot less than your budget....not sure you'd find anywhere that can accommodate 16 people in one location other than hotel rooms and you'd need to reserve those sooner than later....

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
60 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: Place to Stay

Thank you so much for your helpful advice. I am pursuing some of your suggestions now.

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
9. Re: Place to Stay

Have you checked Adare Village? They are 2000sq ft bungalows. Have 3 bedrooms and a full kitchen, living room, and sitting room

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,909 posts
88 reviews
10. Re: Place to Stay

I assume you mean Adare Villas - they have a minimum stay of 3 nights at that time. The current cost is €750 for the three nights.

https://www.adarevillas.com/index.html

Reply to: Place to Stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted