We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver wanted

Malvern...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Driver wanted

How does one find a driver during visit to Ireland. There are 9 in our party and we are staying for 8 days.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
20,180 posts
73 reviews
21. Re: Driver wanted

As a rough Guide. If I did offer the service I would have to rent a commercial Mini Bus. you have 9 people so your run of the mill car rental minibus only seats 9 people, Driver + 8. I would have to use my D1 Licence, and I would have to do it free of charge because if I did charge I would need a bucket full of extra insurance and a couple of other legally required certs. Basically you need a Mini Bus Operator OR you need a mini bus or 2 cars which you or one/two of your party will have to self drive.

You might not like this but it is something your Travel Agent (using the term lightly) or yourselves should have been aware of from the outset.

22. Re: Driver wanted

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2018, 20:18