We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adare

Nazareth...
Level Contributor
82 posts
15 reviews
Adare

We found what initially looked like a great deal on TripAdvisor, but now I am not so sure. Flight from JFK, USA to Dublin, 6 nights at the Adare Villa and standard car in April $899pp. However for only 2 people $1100pp. It seems I can do better booking myself, yes? Although it says centrally located it looks like 1 1/2 hours to most sites. Am I right? We hoped to do our own thing because we r middle age and I have some health issues that make us uncertain about pace of guided tours, but wanted my hubby to experience Ireland. Our goal was to see the scenery, the tourist highlights, the quaintness of a town like Adare, experience the people and a few pubs in the southern portion of Ireland within a weeks time. Any suggestions welcome.

9 replies to this topic
Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,910 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: Adare

Adare Manor Villas are lovely and in a very nice environment.

However, you are correct - if you want to go to Killarney, they are about 90 minutes give or take from the town, And Killarney town is only the gateway to Killarney National Park.

Similarly with Cork - another 90 minutes or so. And Galway is about 90 minutes again.

Having said that, you appear to have got a good deal. If the US$ 1,100 includes a car for a week plus flights plus luxury accommodation for 2.

When in April will you be here?

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
16,485 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Adare

sounds like a really good deal with the exception of distances but they'll be beautiful drives :-)

do check the terms and conditions for the rental car so you aren't shocked at pick up....my guess is that it will not include Super CDW (excess) insurance....better to know before the trip than starting off with an unpleasant experience of having to fork over an unexpected chunk of money.....

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Adare

Of some concern is that you fly in and out of Dublin, for a stay in Adare. I would think that SNN would make much more sense.

We did an Adare Manor package in March/April of 2011 and paid out of pocket for an over-night stay in Cork (visiting family). You could consider a similar option with Killarney and/or Galway. It only increases costs slightly (relative to total cost) -- say, $100-150 per over-night.

Some Adare-Specific Trip Reports:

…activeboard.com/t42977148/…

…activeboard.com/t36129142/…

Edited: 08 January 2017, 05:33
Nazareth...
Level Contributor
82 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Adare

Thanks so much for your input! If we did this it would be departing from here Apr 27th. Can you give me an estimate of the cost for the upgrade to automatic and the suoer insurancr for a week?

Nazareth...
Level Contributor
82 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Adare

Thank you! I agree but the specail is thru Dublin. I tried to price it out individually thru Shannon, but I was unable to find availabilty at the Adare Villas thru any of the websites, eg. Expedia and the such. How can you book a villa there? Do you have any idea of the cost?

Edited: 09 January 2017, 04:11
Nazareth...
Level Contributor
82 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Adare

I am aware of that insurance and would more than likely elect it, but nowhere that I have looked can I find an estimate of the cost for a week's rental. Any idea?

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
16,485 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: Adare

Jo you might contact the car rental agency included in your package.....

the excess insurance varies according to type of car, age, etc........

Edited: 09 January 2017, 05:19
Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,910 posts
88 reviews
8. Re: Adare

There is a link here to Adare Manor and details of how you can contact them.

https:/…adare-manor-villas-and-golf-resort

www.booking.com also take bookings for them.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
295 reviews
9. Re: Adare

When we have rent a mid-sized car for a week, with automatic transmission and full insurance coverage it has totaled with all fees roughly $75-$85 US per day depending on the type of vehicle.

Reply to: Adare
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted