We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips

Wisbech, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tips

Off next Thursday any last minute tips/hints?

So blooming excited!!! 2 adults and 2 girls 7 & 10 going to Sequoia Lodge Golden forest for 3 nights/4 days with half board. Booked inventions for Thursday night, Hunters Grill for Friday and planning Annette’s for Saturday.

Thank you!

13 replies to this topic
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,403 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips

What are you going to do for lunch? Might I suggest cowboy cookout? Excellent ribs, chicken, sausage or burger, live music, fab atmosphere...and freshly cooked fajitas at Fuente del Oro another day (go when it’s quiet as queues do build up).

On a practical level, my top tip is to ensure everyone takes their comfiest shoes plus a spare pair. A child with blisters at the end of day one is not funny, especially if they don’t have an alternative pair of shoes. I speak from grim experience!

Also hand sanitizer - there are a lot of people, therefore a lot of lurgies at Disney and you touch a lot of hand rails etc. V&D on day 2 is probably worse than the blisters! (Clearly not everyone worries about this as much as I do - I do get that it might be a tiny bit paranoid! 😁)

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,924 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips

Ugh Maldiva, all three males in this house have just had v&d and we fly on holiday on Monday!

Don't forget Calpol, lisahunt, as it's not sold in resort as far as I know.

Have a fab time! Only 120 days until we go to DLP!

Edited: 17 August 2018, 03:35
England, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,403 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips

ugh Jofar … although better this week than next week!

Yes, painkillers and plasters (for the blisters). I like to make sure I'm wearing my Fitbit (or get your phone to measure steps taken?). I rarely look at it the rest of the time, but when I'm stuffing myself with burgers etc, it's gratifying to see how many steps I've walked at the end of each day :D

Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips

Hi😊. Remember swimsuits if you want to relax in their Pool. Look for hidden Mickeys(they can be everywhere) Take your time to look at all the details, the different music, the sounds from the different buildings( the dentist on Mainstreet fx.) check when the shows are running and try to make a time plan that makes room for things that takes a little extra time. Take lots of fotos. Buy cheap rain ponchos at home, they are expensive at Disneyland. Take a bottle of water with you into the Park to refill. Go see the dragon under the Castle and go thru the Arcades on both sides of the Main entrance. Use as much time in the Parks as possible, the days goes way too fast, no matter how long the stay is. 😊😊

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips

I can't stress how important good shoes are, as are blister plasters, a variety of painkillers (including pain killing gel) and water bottles.

Then sunscreen, a tiny brolly which you can use as a sunshade if sitting down, a rain poncho, small packets of wet wipes, hand sanitiser, mints, something to sit on waiting for illuminations.

Haacht, Belgium
Level Contributor
930 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tips

Another shoes fan calling in! Take 2 pairs AT LEAST so you can alternate regularly, your feet will be grateful!

Wisbech, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Tips

Thank you! Two pairs of shoes each then 😂

We’re only taking hand luggage each, I’ll squeeze them in!

England, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,403 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tips

One pair on, one in the bag!

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tips

Again comfy shoes, but not high heels however comfy they are back home.

Went in November 2017, took my comfy block heel boots as back home I can walk miles in them in all weather conditions. But not at Disney, my feet start to twinge with pain when I even think of wearing those boots back at the parks.

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
181 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tips

@maldiva I currently have V&D myself also 😩. Grateful however it is this week as I head over two weeks from yesterday.

I also recommend two pairs of shoes. And I’d also suggest extra socks for sweaty feet!

One thing to note re swimming you will need speedo/budgie smugglers for the gents. No trunks permitted.

Reply to: Tips
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted