We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland - queries on travel and tickets

New Delhi (Delhi...
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Disneyland - queries on travel and tickets

Hi - We are visiting Disneyland later this month, and have a few queries - the TA threads here were helpful in many aspects (big thumbs up to contributors), however responses to some questions were quite dated and hence asking those afresh:

1. Are the RER ticket Paris - DLP direction specific? Can a Paris -> DLP ticket be used in DLP-> Paris direction? We are planning to visit DLP for 2 days while staying in Paris, and thinking of using RER to goto DPL and perhaps taxi for return. If RER tickets are not direction specific, then I will buy 2 RER tickets per person for 1st day travel, and if we don't use taxi for return and take the RER back (thus using both RER tickets on same day), then I will just buy 2 more tickets for the 2nd day. If we use taxi for return, then I will just use the 2nd RER ticket the next day Paris->DLP. I want to avoid buying RER tickets at DLP.

There are some conflicting feedback on this question on TA.

2. Also, I am assuming RER tickets are still not date-specific? We are still not sure which days we shall spend in Paris and when to go to DLP, so this shall be helpful.

3. How easy / difficult it is to get a maxicab (we are four adults + one 6 yr old child, hence bigger taxi) on return from DLP (10.30 pm when visiting DLP, 7.30pm when visiting WDS Park). Alternatively, I will try Uber Van, but of course that is expensive and might be unreliable.

4. While returning, is the walk back from either park to RER considerably longer/shorter than walk from either park to taxi rank, and would there be stairs? I shall have aged parents along with me who can manage some walking and some stairs, but not a lot. While we shall have a wheelchair, but would like to minimise on-foot travel/stairs if there is a considerable difference between going to RER st versus taxi rank.

5. DLP website has Mini tickets at eur 53 / 48. Instead of buying online, can I buy tickets at same or similar cost once in Paris 1-3 days in advance, and if yes then from where? We are still not sure if we will visit DLP for 1 day or 2 days, and will have more clarity once actually in Paris. I understand buying at park gates would be time-consuming + expensive (compared to mini tickets online), hence searching for similar cost option in Paris.

thanks, and apologies for the long post!

Vishesh

5 replies to this topic
London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyland - queries on travel and tickets

Hi, we are just in Disneyland. It is our first trip in Paris and our first trip in DLP. RER tickets are not date specific but they are only for on way. You have to buy other ones for the return. Journey was dreadful. I am a single Mom with 2 children and they are real strong troopers and love transport. But RER are very unreliable. I don't speak any French and they close platform all the time waiting time is at least 8 -10 minutes unlike London 1 minute. It seems like that its the norm here but again it is our first time. One RER was 1 hour waiting time. London tubes are 5* for me now. Finally a lovely lady who spoke English helped us to get on RER B and then RER A. She is French and lives here and she said this is kind of normal for RER. It was almost a 2 hours journey from Gate du Nord. Station is very close to the Disney park so you do not have to worry. I am quite resourceful but I cld not find option to pay at the ticket machines..I added my kids going age and everything else and I just had zero option to pay. I went to 2 a service desk 2 levels down and I purchased it there. I have tried to do the same at Marne la Valle but they did not speak English

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyland - queries on travel and tickets

I don't expect French people to speak English but in a Disneyland Village?!! there is a few cities in the world with Disneyland obviously people travel here from all around the world. English should be a must at this station.. Therefore I am still trying to figure out how do I go back to Paris Gare du Nord without RER and without paying taxi. I did not get other options like a National Express type of bus or a train without 4 changes. So I might leave 5 hours before I need to get to station so I can survive RER spider loops

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyland - queries on travel and tickets

I don't expect French people to speak English but in a Disneyland Village?!! there is a few cities in the world with Disneyland, obviously people travel here from all around the world. English should be a must at this station. Therefore I am still trying to figure out how do I go back to Paris Gare du Nord without RER and without paying taxi. I did not get other options like a National Express type of bus or a train without 4 changes. So I might leave 5 hours early befor I need to get to station so I can survive RER spider loops, no French knowledge and the crazy changes and delays. Note; all French people are amazing! Helpful and kind. They give up their seats for children, helped them with their suitcase m Thank you. This never happens in London.

New Delhi (Delhi...
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneyland - queries on travel and tickets

Oh well NikolettBrian - sorry to hear your experience - I am hopeful of a better one. I have read about bad experiences people had trying to buy RER tickets in DLP (waiting lines, language...etc) hence will be purchasing them along with all other tickets/passes at CDG airport itself

I read somewhere that while tickets have a direction printed on them, they work both ways. Can anybody else confirm that, and on my point 3 (maxicab) and point 5 (offline purchase options for DLP tickets at similar pricing as mini tickets)?

thanks

New Delhi (Delhi...
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disneyland - queries on travel and tickets

Ok, we are back - I am penning down my experience for others benefit.

1. Taxi fare from central paris to DLP was 90eurs, much higher than 50-60 eur I had expected. Further, the taxi driver didnt know exactly where to drop us off, we ended up at the parking entrance which involved another detour of ~5kms (which he didnt charge us). The directions signs were perhaps confusing, the prominent signs were for Disnelyand (P), which of course was parking, and not for the parks. We eventually followed the directions signs for RER, coz I knew it was near the parks.

2. For return I bought tickets from machine, which had a direction printed on it, not sure if it was direction specific or not. I then bought 10 tickets (cheaper) for ~60eur the next day in paris, which were not direction-specific, and also were not date-specific.

3. I did not see any maxicabs in the taxi area in DLP. In any case, RER seems to be a much better and cheaper option, and takes almost the same time or even less.

4. I managed to buy DLP tickets at same mini price at FNAC store (74, champs elysees) 2 days in advance. I was told we can buy same tickets 1 day on advance as well at fnac, unless I understood it wrong due to translation (english->french->english).

Reply to: Disneyland - queries on travel and tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted