Hi - We are visiting Disneyland later this month, and have a few queries - the TA threads here were helpful in many aspects (big thumbs up to contributors), however responses to some questions were quite dated and hence asking those afresh:
1. Are the RER ticket Paris - DLP direction specific? Can a Paris -> DLP ticket be used in DLP-> Paris direction? We are planning to visit DLP for 2 days while staying in Paris, and thinking of using RER to goto DPL and perhaps taxi for return. If RER tickets are not direction specific, then I will buy 2 RER tickets per person for 1st day travel, and if we don't use taxi for return and take the RER back (thus using both RER tickets on same day), then I will just buy 2 more tickets for the 2nd day. If we use taxi for return, then I will just use the 2nd RER ticket the next day Paris->DLP. I want to avoid buying RER tickets at DLP.
There are some conflicting feedback on this question on TA.
2. Also, I am assuming RER tickets are still not date-specific? We are still not sure which days we shall spend in Paris and when to go to DLP, so this shall be helpful.
3. How easy / difficult it is to get a maxicab (we are four adults + one 6 yr old child, hence bigger taxi) on return from DLP (10.30 pm when visiting DLP, 7.30pm when visiting WDS Park). Alternatively, I will try Uber Van, but of course that is expensive and might be unreliable.
4. While returning, is the walk back from either park to RER considerably longer/shorter than walk from either park to taxi rank, and would there be stairs? I shall have aged parents along with me who can manage some walking and some stairs, but not a lot. While we shall have a wheelchair, but would like to minimise on-foot travel/stairs if there is a considerable difference between going to RER st versus taxi rank.
5. DLP website has Mini tickets at eur 53 / 48. Instead of buying online, can I buy tickets at same or similar cost once in Paris 1-3 days in advance, and if yes then from where? We are still not sure if we will visit DLP for 1 day or 2 days, and will have more clarity once actually in Paris. I understand buying at park gates would be time-consuming + expensive (compared to mini tickets online), hence searching for similar cost option in Paris.
thanks, and apologies for the long post!