We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it worth doing a meal plan?

Coventry, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
is it worth doing a meal plan?

Hi

I am going to Disneyland Paris for 3 nights/4 days in November. There are 4 adults going and I was wondering is it worth doing a meal plan or pay there? We don't like fancy food and 2 people are fussy. Also can anyone help with the meal plan because we are a bit confused by it. Also I would like to know if anyone has any pictures or links of menus. Also wondering how much spending money we would need to take? Its our first time going to Disneyland Paris.

Thanks for any information.

8 replies to this topic
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,450 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is it worth doing a meal plan?

Re the meal plan, it really depends what/where you want to eat. By my calculations, if you want to spend as little as possible, then buying counter service meals (which are really tasty and huge!) is your best bet, and is my preference, not to save money particularly, but because we like them, especially Cowbooy Cookout - excellent ribs! Counter service meals are approximately £15 per person for a set meal of burger/ribs/wrap etc + chips/wedges + dessert + drink. Even cheaper would be McDonalds, Earl of Sandwich etc.

However, if you wanted to eat at more expensive restaurants - say you wanted a buffet every day so you had a huge choice of food (thinking of fussiness!), then a meal plan may well be the most cost effective way forward. Buffet meals are approximately £30 per person.

If you are interested in table service meals (around £60 + per person), definitely get a meal plan.

remember a HB meal plan also gets you breakfast, which is worth taking into consideration when looking at the cost.

If you look at the DLPGuide website, you'll find links to menus, pictures, lists of which meal plans pay for which restaurants...and a whole lot more! Do come back with more questions though...

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,876 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is it worth doing a meal plan?

The main advantage of plans is that you get a hotel breakfast each day and one decent meal a day. Plaza gardens has a good range of more simple food, as does all the standard buffets that are included in Standard plan. Counter service can be very good too and you can pay as you go and breakfast can always be picked up at McDonalds or Starbucks if you don't want a sit down breakfast.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is it worth doing a meal plan?

Do you know where you are going to be staying? It will depend on your hotel the level of meal plan you will get, and by the sounds of it the Standard would suit your party best, mainly buffets which give the best variety. Here's a link to a great website for this info. www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: is it worth doing a meal plan?

Does anybody know if you can use meal plan vouchers (full board plus) at the cowboy cookout? I know i'd be losing out value wise, but just wondering if we just fancied a quick lunch, we had that option?

Thanks (and sorry to hijack the thread)

England, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,450 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is it worth doing a meal plan?

if you are buying a meal plan, you can buy whichever level you choose, no matter which hotel you are in. \Iif it is free as part of a deal, the meal plan will depend on which hotel it is a associated with.

I have asked the question about spending vouchers in counter service restaurants, and the answer seems to be a resounding yes. the official info is a little contradictory as in some places it says all DLP outlets (or similar - not a direct quote!), and in some it lists all restaurants apart from counter service.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is it worth doing a meal plan?

Is it possible to buy a lesser level meal plan than the hotel you are staying in? You used to be able to but I am not sure how it works with breakfast now? If you are staying in the DLH, then surely you can't have a hotel breakfast if you have only got a standard plan? Any ideas?

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is it worth doing a meal plan?

I didn't know that 123, always thought your hotel dictated the meal plan, good to know for the future as I would always choose standard, but might want a higher grade hotel :)

As for using the vouchers, the last time we went (2 years ago) you could use your vouchers at a lower value restaurant, 1 voucher per meal, so you would lose out on the value, but that would be your choice to do.

England, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,450 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is it worth doing a meal plan?

gingerbumblebee2016, let's hope I've got that right then! :D

Reply to: is it worth doing a meal plan?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted