We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special birthday meal? Inventions?

essex
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Special birthday meal? Inventions?

I am visiting DLP in July for my 30th birthday, we are a group of 10 adults and 4 children, we are staying GF at SL I am wanting to book a ‘special meal for my actual birthday which is a Monday, I was thinking inventions but after reading reviews I am not sure it’s worth the €70? What is everyone’s thoughts? Any other options?

3 replies to this topic
England
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Special birthday meal? Inventions?

With Disney holidays and the 'worth' it question I always point out that if you love Disney it's always worth it and if you can train your brain to think in Disney money not every day money it's worth it:) Sounds silly I know but I often find myself paying amounts for things in Disney that in reality I would never pay in my general everyday life or on any other holiday for that matter!

Is the experience worth it? Well I have eaten in inventions on nearly every visit, sometimes the food has not been fantastic but I've still gone back so I must think it's worth it!

My last visit we went for lunch time and it was by far my favourite visit, the food was great, lots of choice, fresh, hot and replaced frequently:) we had lots of characters, more then usual, we had the whole usual gang of mickey, Minnie, goofy, Pluto, Donald and Pinocchio and japeto! Going by my last visit I would have no hesitation recommending this restaurant and the experience for someone who loves Disney definitely makes it worth it.

Dublin
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Special birthday meal? Inventions?

I booked Inventions for my Son’s 4th Birthday last year. The food was very nice but it is a bit expensive. However I think it was worth every penny for the experience. I got him a birthday cake and it is way over priced for what it is but Pluto came out when they were bringing out his cake and the interaction was brilliant by Pluto and all the other characters as they come back to the tables time and time again. It was Pluto that came out as he had his cuddly Pluto with him and this was obviously noticed by the waiter. We all loved it and it was worth every penny to see his little face light up. There was another celebration whilst we were their a 60th and Mickey and Minnie came out with the cake. I would definitely book it again for a special occasion.

As you are staying at a Disney Hotel you should also look at the special occasion signature packages they are offering on the website. It seems to be a new thing for the summer season. The package includes a 1 night hotel stay, 1 day VIP fast pass, a special tea with Mickey, Minnie & Goofy and a goody bag. It might be worth checking out.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,773 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Special birthday meal? Inventions?

It's a fantastic location for big groups and the buffet means it's suitable for all tastes. The cake is super cute and there are plenty of desserts to supplement it, it's expensive but a lovely treat.

Reply to: Special birthday meal? Inventions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted