We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Experiences of Torcy please?

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Topic
Experiences of Torcy please?

Does anyone have any experiences of staying in Torcy please?

Our budget this trip means we are limited and Torcy has some great prices, but I read a 'review' about potential issues with crime and safety in the area and as I am travelling alone with my daughter it has made me doubt if it is the right location for us? We are looking at the B&B hotel which I believe is very close to the RER station anyway.

Thanks for any thoughts or insight you have on the area :)

9 replies to this topic
Amesbury, England...
Level Contributor
537 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Experiences of Torcy please?

Have stayed in Torcy 4 times with my family. Always use Inter Hotel, recently refurbished and good value for money. We are just back from a 3 night stay at Easter. and enjoyed it. There is a good shopping centre on one side of the railway with a large Carrefour supermarket, handy to stock up on drinks and snacks, also a burger King in this complex. On the other side where Inter Hotel is., there are a few restaurants, can't recommend any in particular, preferred the KFC. Never saw any trouble in Torcy after 4 visits and will be staying there again on next visit.

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Experiences of Torcy please?

I’ve stayed there, I don’t it was pretty ropey accommodation! We had to beg to get 2 towels for a family of 4 and that was just issue!

Hotel B&B chain though should be fine, I’ve stayed at a few of their places.

I did see a couple of people I was a little wary of, but didn’t see any trouble. I’ve also been there other times to park my car before going into Paris.

I’m sure you will be fine.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Experiences of Torcy please?

Thank you both, that is reassuring. I figure we will only be staying for Illuminations one evening and won't have any luggage with us that night so will hopefully blend in and I will keep my wits about me!

Lineandalan is it B&B you had trouble with?

I think the time we will spend in the hotel will be limited anyway so hopefully we will manage.

Edited: 12 May 2018, 09:28
manchester, England
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Experiences of Torcy please?

We have stayed at the B&B a couple of times and never had any issues. It’s two or three minutes walk from the RER station and separated from the centre by the railway. The rooms are fine and the limited breakfast selection is quite reasonable.

manchester, England
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Experiences of Torcy please?

Are you flying to Parrish ? Did you know there is a bus from CDG to Torcy for €2?

Mentioned in this post
Charles De Gaulle Airport
Charles De Gaulle Airport
Roissy-en-France, France
manchester, England
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Experiences of Torcy please?

For Parrish read Paris - autocorrect fail !

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Experiences of Torcy please?

No it was not the B&B. As I said I’ve stayed in in a number of their other hotels and whilst they are basic 2* they are generally perfectly fine for a nights sleep and clean.

4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Experiences of Torcy please?

Hey I’m just back from a stay in Torcy at the B and B hotel and I too was by myself with my daughter. The hotel was clean easy to find and close to the train station. I was a little nervous coming back at night after illuminations as you have to walk down a path that comes around the side of the hotel but I never saw anything to be worried about I think I would be nervous anywhere walking with my daughter at that hour! It’s a great budget hotel which was what we needed just somewhere to put your head down for the night!

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Experiences of Torcy please?

Thank you everyone I feel much better about everything and after weeks of deliberating finally booked our last minute trip.... 10 days from booking to arrival!

I have my routes planned and will be opened minded, the B&B sounds just what we are after as it is just a short quick budget trip that will be used to sleep and shower so fingers crossed all will work out :)

Reply to: Experiences of Torcy please?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted