We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from TGV Station to Newport Bay

Colorado
Level Contributor
72 posts
40 reviews
Walking from TGV Station to Newport Bay

We'll be dropping off a rental car at the TGV station and then walking over to Newport Bay. With kids and with luggage. I can see the distance and time on Google Maps, but what is the walk really like? It is along a busy street? Crowded or no? Are we going to regret doing this rather than taking a shuttle direct to the hotel door? lol

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Walking from TGV Station to Newport Bay

Hi

I have done the same journey and as long as you are able to wheel your luggage rather than carry it, I would definitely walk it. It is all one level and you can wait a long time for a shuttle to the hotels so you can often walk it quicker than it takes to wait and get the shuttle. It is a lot quieter once you get through Disney Village. You will have to scan your luggage but I always found that didn't hold us up.

Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Walking from TGV Station to Newport Bay

You can walk it is about 10-15 minutes but with the lugage i would consider taking the bus just near the tgv station

Colorado
Level Contributor
72 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Walking from TGV Station to Newport Bay

Thanks for the info! We'll gauge how the kids are when we reach that point before we decide what to do. :)

France
Level Contributor
643 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Walking from TGV Station to Newport Bay

If you have a rental car and another adult travelling with you, best would be to drop the bags and the kids off at the hotel first then return the car. It will take you about 10 minutes to walk back from the station, through the DV and around the lake to get to NPB.

Level Contributor
32 posts
64 reviews
5. Re: Walking from TGV Station to Newport Bay

I agree. If you can drag it, and you have children old enough to help with little bags, it's a really nice 10-15 min walk along Lake Disney. After a day of travelling, you may just want to jump on the shuttle though. :)

Colorado
Level Contributor
72 posts
40 reviews
6. Re: Walking from TGV Station to Newport Bay

Suresh R - That is such a simple, genius thought. Why didn't I like of that?! Problem solved! Thanks so much.

France
Level Contributor
643 posts
35 reviews
7. Re: Walking from TGV Station to Newport Bay

Emily M >> Glad to be of help - Enjoy your drive and then your stay at DLP !

Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Walking from TGV Station to Newport Bay

It is a great walk though if you are just arriving into Disney. It will take you through the village which for the kids will be exciting. Then along by the lake. You get the Disney feeling getting to your hotel instead of another mode of transport.

Each to their own but I would walk it to the hotel.

Enjoy whatever way you go.

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: Walking from TGV Station to Newport Bay

you have the option of shuttle or walking both are easy to do see what the weather is like on the day you arrive . The village can be very crowded and busy , id personal get the shuttle but thats just my opinion :)

10. Re: Walking from TGV Station to Newport Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2018, 14:17