We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zurich to AustriaH

Bahrain
3 posts
Zurich to AustriaH

Hi

I was reading the info provided

I would like to know that we are driving down from Zurich to Innsbruck and return how much safe it is and on the road are there english sign boards as we are from India.

I am going to hire a care from Zurich airport to zurich airport

we will be going from Zurich to Innsbruck

then next day Innsbruck to Luzern

and then back to Zurich

our time frame is 30th March to 3rd April

will we requier Winter tiers?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,744 posts
1. Re: Zurich to AustriaH

> I would like to know that we are driving down from Zurich to Innsbruck and return how much safe it is

With or without you? ;-)

The roads are excellent.

Have you any experience with winterly road conditions? Albeit the risk of winterly conditions is on this route and time of the year not that high.

> and on the road are there english sign boards as we are from India.

Most traffic signs are just symbols. The Swiss have already 4 official languages plus English. But in this part of Switzerland and in Austria if there are signs with words they will be normally in German only.

> we will be going from Zurich to Innsbruck

then next day Innsbruck to Luzern

Is this a kind of driving exercise? Or why this route?

Personally I would concentrate on the more interesting parts of the Swiss Alps. E.g. Zürich - Lucerne - Interlaken - Bern - Zürich

And this by train instead of car. The Swiss have one of the best and most dense rail networks on the planet.

Winter tyres are in Austria till 15. April required by law.

Also note that you will need a vignette (toll sticker) for the Austrian autobahns. Such a sticker is also required for the Swiss autobahns, but I would assume that a Swiss rental car comes automatically with such a sticker.

2. Re: Zurich to AustriaH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 00:21
Get answers to your questions about Winterberg