We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip

Minneapolis...
7 posts
Day Trip

Hi, my husband and I are traveling to Europe this September. One of our destinations is the South of France for about 3 days. Ive seen pictures of Cassis and it looks gorgeous. The beach looks stunning and very romantic. We are looking to have a day of a bit of relaxation and just see some beauty. So I have a couple of questions? Is Cassis worth going to? Or are there other cities that you would maybe recommend instead? Also, we want to base ourselves so we dont have to keep traveling with our luggage. Our thoughts were Nice because we are traveling up to Munich from there and wanted to see Nice and Monte Carlo. It looks to be about 2 hours from Nice to Cassis....so is it better to do a day trip from Nice? or fly to Marseilles monday night...see Cassis during the day and then take the train to Nice tuesday night?

1. Re: Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 19:45
Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
59 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Day Trip

I agree that if it can be worked into your schedule, Cassis is well worth a visit. In the high season, it can be crowded. Besides the great little fishing port, and the restaurants along the port, the calanques are the highlight. There are several beaches in town and nearby. The port is full of tourist boats which will take you to multiple calanques on a cruise. Or if you have the time, you can hike to them from the center of Cassis. Traffic can be bad on the smaller coastal roads in high tourist season, but you are right about it being 2-2.5 hours driving from Nice.

Minneapolis...
7 posts
3. Re: Day Trip

so it is possible to do a day trip from nice?

4. Re: Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 15:20
Get answers to your questions about Cassis
Recent Conversations