We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from barcelona to Cassis

surrey, b.c.
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Travel from barcelona to Cassis

I need to be in Cassis by 5pm on May 19. We are leaving from Barcelona. After much googling I believe the train does not go all the way to Cassis. The Renfe site is not too helpful as I can't find a way to switch it to English. I believe I can take the Barcelona Sant train to Marseille and bus it from there but if anyone. If someone would kindly let me know of the shortest route I would appreciate it.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
18,027 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Travel from barcelona to Cassis

I had luck finding trains to Marseilles using the French site: en.voyages-sncf.com/en/ be sure to choose "Antarctic" as your ticket collection country to avoid being routed to the Rail Europe. It's a long ride. You won't be able to check May trains until 90 days out, but you should be able to get an idea of what will be available by choosing an earlier date.

surrey, b.c.
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Travel from barcelona to Cassis

Thank you for your help. Do the transfers happen within the arrival station? Or, do we have to go to different stations to catch the next train?

Philadelphia, PA
Destination Expert
for Cassis, Marseille, Manosque, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Travel from barcelona to Cassis

There are trains to Cassis and they would depart from Gare Saint Charles in Marseille, the same train station you arrive in. That is of course the easiest connection, on the other end however the train station is (thankfully) not in the center of Cassis so you will need to take a shuttle or a taxi. If you take the bus you need to catch it Place Castellane in Marseille that can be reached by metro or taxi. There are few buses it appears.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
11,398 posts
4. Re: Travel from barcelona to Cassis

You might like to think about a budget flight Barcelona to Marseiile. The train journey, having done it , is long and tedious - this is not France's most scenic coast - altho' you may be lucky enough to spot the Camargue flamingos all around you when traversing the causeway which the train goes across.

Ed

5. Re: Travel from barcelona to Cassis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Cassis
Recent Conversations