We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cassis to Monaco

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Cassis to Monaco

Hi l am traveling through from Cassis to Monaco from 27th August to 14th Sept and was wondering whether anyone could advise whether I should book accomodation in advance for each stop along the way as I'm not sure how long to book in each place.

One blog that I read suggested basing myself in Nice and doing day trips using the bus and train services to get about to each of the different destinations.

If possible if anyone could recommend the "must see" along the way it would be much appreciated.

Could anyone recommend?

Thanks

Edited: 11 March 2013, 11:58
Mentioned in this post
Cassis
Cassis
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Monaco
Monaco
Europe
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
10,758 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cassis to Monaco

The usual coastal tourist hot spots on the Riviera are Cannes, Juan les Pins, Antibes, Nice, Villefranche and Monaco - in the order the train calls at them. The maximum travel time between Cannes and Monaco is 1 h 10 mins. Trains are regular cheap and run commuter fahion at least 2 an hour. In addition when you are travelling a go- anywhere day pass for tourists is available for 14 euro.

Coming by train from Cassis ( you change at Toulon) I would add Agay on the Esterel coast as another possible stopping off point.

Inland tourist spots in the back country behind Nice are the hill villages - St Paul de Vence and Eze are the closest and easily reached by bus from Nice.

The bulk of tourists have usually gone by late August - altho September sees an influx of the more affluent panama hat brigade - and IMO with a bit of phoning or emailing around you will not be sleeping on the beach. Nice is a good hub with lots of choice but a beach resort like Juan les Pins which has a very convenient train station and is close to everything will have plenty of vacancies then. Avoid Monaco as a place to stay.

Ed

Mentioned in this post
Cannes
Cannes
Antibes
Antibes
Monaco
Monaco
Europe
Toulon
Toulon
Var, France
Agay
Agay
Saint-Raphael, France
St-Paul-de-Vence
St-Paul-de-Vence
Eze
Eze
2. Re: Cassis to Monaco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 15:18
;