We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camoux-en-Provence near Cassis good location?

London, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Camoux-en-Provence near Cassis good location?

Hi

I have found a nice villa in Camoux-en-Provence north of Cassis and wondered if this location would be okay without a car. We wont be doing much but will want to go into Cassis a couple of times and have a shop in walking distance to buy food etc.

Are there any buses done into Cassis?

Thanks

Jodi

Diz
UK
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
1. Re: Camoux-en-Provence near Cassis good location?

I'm guessing there's a typo and you mean Carnoux-en-Provence? If so, there is a bus service between Cassis and Aubagne that goes through Carnoux - scroll down to the service 068 on the lower group on this list:

www.lepilote.com/presentation/…

Read the details though, as the services vary on Sundays and holidays. Ticket prices seem very reasonable and you can buy carnets of 6 tickets which reduces the price even more.

I don't know the area, but I did notice that there are stops in Aubagne named 'Auchan' and 'Centre Commercial' that would be worth investigating for major shopping.

There also appears to be an Intermarché in Carnoux itself:

intermarche.com/magasin_infos_pratiques.aspx…

Provence
Level Contributor
812 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: Camoux-en-Provence near Cassis good location?

Carnoux is sort of a residential village. not too nice but ok. the shopping centre in the centre is sort of an ugly 1950's buildings.... But it's closeby and quieter than Cassis, although not on the sea side.

Not one of the best touristy place but you'll get the "real life feeling"

Hope that helped

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Camoux-en-Provence near Cassis good location?

I'm told a lot of pieds noirs settled in Carnoux (pieds noirs are French nationals who had to leave Algeria after the war in the early 1960s) -- as phidou says, it seems like a rather uninteresting residential town, though I've only ever driven through there, not stopped to look round. But it is very close to Cassis and there are regular buses.

4. Re: Camoux-en-Provence near Cassis good location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2013, 19:16
Get answers to your questions about Cassis
Recent Conversations