We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Marseille St Charles from Cassis

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
24 reviews
Getting to Marseille St Charles from Cassis

We are leaving Marseille on the 11.44 train to Lille and the only train from Cassis leaves at 09.59, getting us to St Charles at 10.30.

Is there any other way of getting to the station in Marseille that means we don't have to hang about for so long? The bus timetable seems to show a very infrequent service. Anyone have any idea how much a taxi would cost? Thanks for any information

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
58,136 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Getting to Marseille St Charles from Cassis

It's a bit more than 20 miles, so if you figure out the cost of a taxi for a 20 mile ride in from Glasgow you won't be far wrong. My experience is that taxis in France are not cheap.

There's a thread on this same topic from a couple of years back that makes interesting reading

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g196673-i3545-k3…

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Getting to Marseille St Charles from Cassis

IMO, given the less-than-impressive punctuality record of TER (regional) trains in this part of France, I'd just go for that 09.59 option. You may find yourself hanging around in Marseille for less long than you expect !

If you have time on your hands at Saint Charles and want to take some goodies (food/wine) back home, you could pop across the road to the ED/ Dia supermarket to stock up. It's just a minute from the station.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Getting to Marseille St Charles from Cassis

Thanks for the information

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Getting to Marseille St Charles from Cassis

Thanks for the information

Philadelphia, PA
Destination Expert
for Cassis, Marseille, Manosque, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Getting to Marseille St Charles from Cassis

I was told by a taxi airport to Cassis 80 euro one way, so for Gare Saint Charles should be similar, slightly less.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Getting to Marseille St Charles from Cassis

Thanks

7. Re: Getting to Marseille St Charles from Cassis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Cassis
Recent Conversations