We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calanque en Vau

New York, NY
Level Contributor
331 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Calanque en Vau

how does one visit Calanque en Vau to go swimming? obviously boats no longer drop people off there, and we will be there in August so i anticipate that hiking will not be an option, nor do we want to take such a hike if it's dicey or too hot...

so how can one access this place for a couple of hours to enjoy it's beauty and take a swim?

Mentioned in this post
Calanque d'En-Vau
Calanque d'En-Vau
161 Reviews
Cassis, France
Half-day Small Group Tour to...
17 Reviews
from USD 92.40*
Special Offer
Full-Day Aix en Provence Cassis and...
1 Review
from USD 425.40*
USD 472.70
Provence Small-Group Sightseeing...
16 Reviews
from USD 154.00*
Philadelphia, PA
Destination Expert
for Cassis, Marseille, Manosque, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calanque en Vau

I have never done it this way but apparently if from Cassis you take D559 called route de la Gineste, right around the military camp of Carpiagne on the left side there is a road that goes to a parking lot de la Gardiolle. From there I have read that it only takes 15/20 minutes to get to Envau on a relatively easy path. Count double that time on the way up. Also read leave nothing in the car even leave doors open.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
331 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calanque en Vau

great! exactly what i'm looking for...

if anyone else has suggestions on practical visits to the massifs, i'd greatly appreciate it...

St. John's, NL
Level Contributor
53 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calanque en Vau

Lou Gari's route is the fastest for walking. You can also payk at Port Miou and hike in to Port Pin and then to en Vau. Takes about an hour. The road in from D559 is very narrow and potholed. If you go make sure its an orange day for the visit. See this web site. laprovence.com/Cartes-Acces-aux-espaces-sens…

4. Re: Calanque en Vau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2013, 19:15
;