We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Round-trip from Aix en Provence to Cassis

Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Round-trip from Aix en Provence to Cassis

Diz & Irish Rovr kindly provided bus schedule and other info for Aix-to-Cassis bus service and return (line 72). Sadly, I do not understand French. My trip is on a Saturday in April 2010. The bus schedule site is http://www.lepilote.com/img/_infoFH0072.pdf. My read of the French schedule is to board an Aix Line 72 bus at 09:00 hours (Gare Routiere) to some bus stop in Cassis near the port (perhaps Le pas de Belle Fille?) at 10:20 hours. On return on the same day, board Line 72 bus at 16:50 hours(?) in Cassis for return to Aix at 18:15 hours. Can you confirm this schedule, including the Cassis near-port bus stop for arrival and departure. I sincerely thank you for your time (I have not received response from French bus services)

-- JL5627, in Dallas

(jacklinda5@sbcglobal.net)

Mentioned in this post
Cassis
Cassis
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
La Villa Madie
$$$$, French, Mediterranean, European
La Defonce
$$ - $$$, French, Mediterranean, European
Amorino
$$ - $$$, Italian
St. John's, NL
Level Contributor
57 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Round-trip from Aix en Provence to Cassis

I can confirm the bus stop is close to the port, even closer to the police station. A 2 minute walk will put you on the main drag.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Round-trip from Aix en Provence to Cassis

< ... Aix-to-Cassis bus service and return (line 72) ... on a Saturday in April 2011 >

Your link does not work but I suppose you have downloaded the timetable for line 72 from here www.lepilote.com/transports/index.asp…

(Ligne 072 - towards the bottom of the list)

At the top of the timetable pages, "SAM" indicates that the bus in question runs on Saturdays.

The letters on the blue line refer to footnotes at the bottom of the page which show during which times of the year the buses run. Horribly complicated !

< My read of the French schedule is to board an Aix Line 72 bus at 09:00 hours (Gare Routiere) to some bus stop in Cassis near the port (perhaps Le pas de Belle Fille?) at 10:20 hours. >

As far as I can see, the 09.00 bus from Aix-en-Provence runs only from 1st to 21st August and 19th December to 3rd January (see footnote E at the bottom of the timetable) - so not during April.

The only direct bus from to Aix to Cassis on Saturdays in April leaves Aix at 12.25 and arrives in Cassis at Le Pas de Belle fille stop at 13.48.

< On return on the same day, board Line 72 bus at 16:50 hours(?) in Cassis for return to Aix at 18:15 hours. >

Yes. Bus 72 from Cassis (Le Pas de Belle fille) at.16.50 and arriving in Aix at 18.15 does run on Saturdays in April.

Mentioned in this post
Cassis
Cassis
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Aix-en-Provence
Aix-en-Provence
Bouches-du-Rhone, France
3. Re: Round-trip from Aix en Provence to Cassis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2012, 03:17