We plan on a day trip to Cassis from Marseille on Saturday, August 18. We shall be taking the train to Cassis and then the bus into the town and shall be arriving at about 8:30 AM. We have already decided to:
(1) Take the 9 Calanques Tour at 9:30 AM.
(2) Walk the Port area and visit the Plage de la Grand Mer, the Musee de Casis and/or the Le Four Banal.
What we would like to do is visit one (or two) of the Cassis vineyards for winetasting and, if available, tours. I have tried to do as much research as I can but a number of the winery websites appear to be non-working. My questions:
(1) are there one or two vineyards that can be reached either by walking or cab (if reasonable)?
(2) Do any of them offer tours for individuals (as opposed to groups)
(3) And while I know the white wines are the most dominant, do any of the wineries have a fair selection of reds (or roses)?
Thanks for any assistance you might be willing to share.