We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I pre-book tickets for Carriere Wellington?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
32,734 posts
62 reviews
Should I pre-book tickets for Carriere Wellington?

I'm having trouble with the Arras Tourism website, and frankly, my two emails to the Arras Tourism office have resulted in terse, unhelpful replies. I have not been able to get a payment window, and the ticket booking site is not secure. (Crazy! What professional tourism office sells tickets through an unsecured website?)

Given we have very little room in our itinerary and can only really tour the CW late on a Sunday after seeing Vimy Ridge, how likely are we to be able to get tickets on arrival? Should I persist with the website?

Sorry, this is for August 4th. Most things these days seem to sell out instantly and so I wanted to check if this is one of those places that books up weeks or even months ahead.

3 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
32,734 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Should I pre-book tickets for Carriere Wellington?

I remain lost on this question. Anyone have an recommendations? Does Carriere Wellington book out weeks in advance? Can you rock up on a Saturday afternoon and get tickets for Sunday morning? I see I said Sunday evening above, but no, its for Saturday evening or Sunday morning. Probably a bad time, lots of weekenders?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,883 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Should I pre-book tickets for Carriere Wellington?

We were in Arras for Vimy 3 years ago. We didn't go to the Carriere but I'd be very surprised if it would sell out. Be sure to take time for the Place des Heros in Arras. I'd like to return and spend more time there.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
32,734 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Should I pre-book tickets for Carriere Wellington?

I am already regretting our short stay. I was asking around various sources trying to figure out what to do before heading to Paris, and the only thing anyone came up with was the water lilly gardens that inspired Monet (of no interest to my teenagers). Absolutely NO one suggested we spend an extra couple of days around Arras and it was only later, after I had a firm plan that I started to realize this was a mistake. Ah well. We have some great alternatives planned, but with more driving than I'd like (heading to Mont St. Michel, which is a bucket list stop for me, so I'm not sorry) so am just trying to jam in as much as we can with our short stay. Don't want to mess with what I have arranged other than I have allowed as much of the morning as I can.

Local museum is doing a talk next week on Beaumont Hamel I'm going to try and get to.

Reply to: Should I pre-book tickets for Carriere Wellington?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted