We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gare de Hendaye to Gare de Les Deux Jumeaux

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Gare de Hendaye to Gare de Les Deux Jumeaux

We will be taking a TGV train from Paris to Hendaye in July. I think the train arrives at Gare de Hendaye. It looks like a 30 min walk from the station to our apartment. There are 5 of us and we will each be carrying 1 piece of luggage and 1 smaller bag. From Gare de Les Deux Jumeaux, it's a 12 min walk. Is there a train or bus that runs between the 2 stations frequently at that hour? Or should we take a cab? Are cabs readily available at the station and will we need more the 1 cab?

We have walked farther with more luggage, but since we are arriving at 19:38 and need to check into our apartment, I'm looking for a faster option then the 30 min walk.

Thanks for any advice

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Hendaye
Hendaye
Basque Country, France
9 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
617 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gare de Hendaye to Gare de Les Deux Jumeaux

Does your train stop at Saint-Jean-de-Luz? There are TER (regional) trains from Saint-Jean-de-Luz to Les Deux-Jumeaux at 19:14 and 20:05, the journey takes 11 minutes and costs 2,80€

Otherwise, there are city buses: lines 4 and 5

The main train station is called 'Gare SNCF'

hegobus.fr/files/…

hegobus.fr/files/…

Mentioned in this post
Saint-Jean-de-Luz
Saint-Jean-de-Luz
Basque Country, France
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gare de Hendaye to Gare de Les Deux Jumeaux

I don't think our train has any other stops. It's a TGV from Paris Montparnasse to Hendaye. Checking the timetable for the Hegobus, we would need to wait at the station 50 min for the 20:28 bus. Our apartment is on Rue de Biaturenia. It would be faster to walk. The closest bus station on google maps is Consulat, but I don't know how to find out the names of bus companies that stop there. Thanks for the link though, we are staying for a few days and do plan on visiting Saint Jean de Luz.

Mentioned in this post
TGV
TGV
1,389 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Montparnasse
Montparnasse
1,124 Reviews
Paris, France
Hendaye
Hendaye
Basque Country, France
Saint-Jean-de-Luz
Saint-Jean-de-Luz
Basque Country, France
Level Contributor
617 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Gare de Hendaye to Gare de Les Deux Jumeaux

The fact that your train is 'a TGV from Paris to Hendaye' doesn't mean it doesn't make any stop in between. I'm sure it will at least stop in Bordeaux, Bayonne and... very probably, in Saint-Jean-de-Luz.

If you have your train number (it's on your tickets anyway), you can see all the stops here: https:/…search-train-number

If that doesn't suit you, are you sure you've checked BOTH bus lines?

Mentioned in this post
TGV
TGV
1,389 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Bordeaux
Bordeaux
Gironde, France
Bayonne
Bayonne
Basque Country, France
Saint-Jean-de-Luz
Saint-Jean-de-Luz
Basque Country, France
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,219 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gare de Hendaye to Gare de Les Deux Jumeaux

All the TGV's from Paris to Hendaye stop at St Jean de Luz.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Hendaye
Hendaye
Basque Country, France
Saint-Jean-de-Luz
Saint-Jean-de-Luz
Basque Country, France
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gare de Hendaye to Gare de Les Deux Jumeaux

Thank you, you are correct. We do stop in several places. Unfortunately, the Saint Jean de Luz stop is 19:21. so the 19:14 ter is not going to work. The next ter is 20:35 putting us at Hendaye Plague at 20:46. A shorter walk, but we would arrive at the apartment about 45 min later then if we walked from Gare Scnf. Line 5 bus route is a little difficult for me. I'm still trying to figure out where all the stops are. Just looking at the depature times from Gare scnf, it appears we could get to the apartment faster by walking. This info is very helpful though. It's still good to know our options and always possible the train could be late.

Mentioned in this post
Saint-Jean-de-Luz
Saint-Jean-de-Luz
Basque Country, France
Hendaye
Hendaye
Basque Country, France
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,219 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gare de Hendaye to Gare de Les Deux Jumeaux

Hendaye Plague! Do I see auto-correct working here?

It may be simpler all round just to go to Hendaye and take a taxi back from there.

Mentioned in this post
Hendaye
Hendaye
Basque Country, France
Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
5,403 posts
484 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gare de Hendaye to Gare de Les Deux Jumeaux

I would take the train to Hendaye then hope there is a taxi outside. As there are too many of you for a regular taxi I would suggest sending 3 people with all of the luggage in the taxi and the rest walk.

Mentioned in this post
Hendaye
Hendaye
Basque Country, France
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Gare de Hendaye to Gare de Les Deux Jumeaux

I didn't even think about splitting up our party. That's probably what we will do. I can take the boys with me to handle the luggage and leave my daughter (who has had 2 years of french) to walk with my husband (who doesn't know any french)

Level Contributor
105 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gare de Hendaye to Gare de Les Deux Jumeaux

In Hendaia/Hendaye three languages can be heard on a daily basis, not just French but also Spanish and Basque, and you shouldn't have any problems with English, either.

Mentioned in this post
Hendaye
Hendaye
Basque Country, France
Reply to: Gare de Hendaye to Gare de Les Deux Jumeaux
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hendaye