We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking car at train station to take train to Milano

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
43 reviews
Parking car at train station to take train to Milano

Hello, would like to park our rental car at or close by Reegio Emilia train station to take train to Milano for the day ...any recommendations, suggestions ???

thanks

Italy
Level Contributor
6,230 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Parking car at train station to take train to Milano

You don't write where will you be from. The parking lot near high speed train station is free, BUT you have to reserve the train well in advance and you arte commited ONLY to the booked trains.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
43 reviews
2. Re: Parking car at train station to take train to Milano

oh im sorry ....i ll be stying at Viano , so i 'll drive to train station in Reggio and take train to Centrale Milano ...have to book train in advance ? i dont even know when i 'll be in Viano yet :(

Italy
Level Contributor
6,230 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Parking car at train station to take train to Milano

There are two train stations in Reggio Emilia: the old one, in city center, and the new one used ONLY by high speed trains for which reservation is compulsory. Let me check If Viano is near Fidenza.

Vignola, Italy
Level Contributor
3,791 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Parking car at train station to take train to Milano

To go to Milan the fast train is a very good solution. Book it in advance mean even few minutes before, but if you book it some days before there are cheaper rates available. The point is that only seated places are available, so when is full you have to wait the next train.

The fast train station is named "Mediopadana": it's far from the center, but very easy to reach by car (2Km far from the highway exit of Reggio Emilia) and there is a free parking lot.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,230 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: Parking car at train station to take train to Milano

The only problem with fast train is that you can't change mind and take an earlier or later train.

You can drive to Fidenza, park in the FREE parking lot at the back of the station and go to Milan by ureserved and slow regional trains.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
43 reviews
6. Re: Parking car at train station to take train to Milano

thank you so much !!! :)

7. Re: Parking car at train station to take train to Milano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2018, 20:19
Get answers to your questions about Reggio Emilia