We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy first time

Tbilisi, Georgia
3 posts
Italy first time

Hi,i am travelling in italy and going to stay in reggio emilia. Please tell me which cities to see near reggio?

6 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,164 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Italy first time

Well it's between Modena and Parma, for a start, and then you have Piacenza, Cremona, Mantua, Ferrara and Bologna to consider. You might even go as far as Ravenna and/or Milan, in opposite directions! it depends on how much time you have and what your interests are.

See https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2015/may/…

London
Level Contributor
3,015 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Italy first time

@qaminari the coverage of the coast in that article is dreadful and I'm not saying it lightly because I'm a Guardian reader myself. Rimini for example is a city with 2000 years of history: important Roman, Medieval and Renaissance monuments. The article dismiss it as a "quintessential Italian holiday resort". Not to mention the recommendation "avoid the beach bars": actually some of them are really good restaurants and also open in the evening.

To the original poster, check out: en.riviera.rimini.it/situr/discover-the-area

Edited: 17 April 2018, 01:34
Tbilisi, Georgia
3 posts
3. Re: Italy first time

Can i visit venice or florence? Is it very far?

Europe
Level Contributor
31 posts
4. Re: Italy first time

Hello! I'm from reggio emilia, you can visit venice or florence by train, they are not too far. If you take the high speed train to florence, the journey takes only 1 hour.

You can visit also modena, parma, bologna, mantova and don't forget our mountains!

Tbilisi, Georgia
3 posts
5. Re: Italy first time

Thank you

Vignola, Italy
Level Contributor
3,799 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Italy first time

In Reggio Emilia there is the futuristic bullet-trains station called "Mediopadana". There stops the most of trains on the line Milan - Rome, so you can reach Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome or Naples with direct trains in less (or few) hours. You can check the timetable on TRenitalia or Italo webisites.

Reply to: Italy first time
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Reggio Emilia