We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amalfi/sorrento wedding

Chiclana de la...
Level Contributor
32 posts
30 reviews
amalfi/sorrento wedding

hi

im emailing on behalf of a friend who wants to get married in either amalfi coast or sorrento next year.

she wants to know whether a wedding can be arranged without using big name brochures or wedding planners?

she is on a fairly small budget with around 15 people attending. we have just looked at the first choice brochure and you have to take a 2 week holiday with them. do you have to be in italy a certain amount of time before the wedding? she only wants to be there around 7-10 days to keep costs down.

would it be more cost effective to hire a wedding planner, as to through a brochure, as i presume the language barrier could be a tad tricky if planning yourself. how much do they charge?

any info on how much things cost over there would be very much appreciated, as we no nothing!

thanks beth

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: amalfi/sorrento wedding

Hiya Beth

I believe that there is a wedding suplement with the Italy Magazine this month, which is supposed to be full of really useful info. Have a look in WH Smiths.

Lanska

Ireland
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: amalfi/sorrento wedding

Hi Beth, if you do a search on this forum for weddings you will get lots of info. We are getting married in Ravello next May & have been able to arrange a lot ourselves (well in the process of!!!) However we have been advised that we do need a wedding planner for the paperwork for the ceremony. Also if you have a look at weddingsonline.ie and check the weddings abroad section there might be some useful information there. My advice is to google wedding planners in the amalfi area - there are lots & to email, they will all come back with various proposals & prices which you may or may not decide to go with but it will give you a great idea of where to start! We are probably going to have our reception at Mamma Agata's in Ravello & Chiara of Mamma Agata's has been a great help. This may suit your friend if it is a small wedding. Look at their website also www.mammagata.it I think. With a her help and with a lot of research you can do an awful lot yourself ... the paperwork end would be the only thing I think that may cause problems. Of all the planners I contacted Mario of Wagner Tours & Laura of La Calla are very good too. Best of luck with all!

London, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
3. Re: amalfi/sorrento wedding

For the paper work part of the ceremony; if a civil wedding you can contct Elizabeth at elisad79@hotmail.com

She deals with the booking of the town hall, help with documentation and the transltion of the ceremony, I think her rate is under 200euros for this service. She deals exclusively with the town hall part of the wedding, so she won't try to sell you other things.

A wedding planner will probably charge you an agency fee as well for only booking a simple service.

4. Re: amalfi/sorrento wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Ravello