We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need for motion sickness meds??

Rancho Cucamonga...
Level Contributor
109 posts
46 reviews
Need for motion sickness meds??

My friend and I will be on the AC next week and are taking an 8 hour boat tour from Praiano to Capri. I don't normally get sick on boats (if my memory serves me right), but I know smaller boats can sometimes have more of a "choppy" ride than larger ones. Our boar is to hold 10-12 people, plus the captain. Do you think it is a good idea to take some motion sickness meds before departure? I figured if I DID get motion sickness, it would ruin the entire day trip.

I welcome your thoughts. Thank you!

Christine

6 replies to this topic
Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Need for motion sickness meds??

I'd err on the side of caution, you might not enjoy yourself so much if you were worrying all the time about feeling ill.

The Mediterranean isn't always like a mill pond even in summer.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
194 posts
2. Re: Need for motion sickness meds??

these sea bands work great for my sons and me. We suffer terribly from motion sickness and Dramamine makes us sleepy.

https:/…B001F731N0

Level Contributor
3,289 posts
102 reviews
3. Re: Need for motion sickness meds??

Often if the waters are too choppy the boats won't head out. We've had that happen a few times. But I would def bring something - that is a long day not to feel well.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,711 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Need for motion sickness meds??

I would definitely take something. I use Scopalamine patches (get a prescription from my doc) and it works like a charm - also lasts for 3 days so I don't have to worry about when to take it.

Rancho Cucamonga...
Level Contributor
109 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: Need for motion sickness meds??

Such great advice!!! Thank you to everyone!! Much better than taking the medication that could cause drowsiness.

Christine

Haslet, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Need for motion sickness meds??

Hello Christine. I was wondering how your boat trip went and if you could recommend the company that you used?

Reply to: Need for motion sickness meds??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Praiano